Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 632

hoz:

The textbook could have at least referred to this article.

I have the code:

In line:

A log file with the given name is created (or appended). It does not exist. It's not in any of the paths. The code is fine. What's the reason?

Who knows how you use your object?

hoz:

The textbook could have at least referred to the article.

I have the code:

In line:

A log file with the given name is created (or appended). It does not exist. It's not in any of the paths. The code is fine. What's the reason?

I just noticed....

Go to the editor, select the "files" folder, then "open folder", maybe there?

Otherwise it's weird and troublesome looking for where everything is now))))

Vinin:

Who knows how you use your object

Very simple. I have already done this for the sake of a test in an expert:

#include <HOZ_Code\Classes\CLogging.mqh>
CLogging Clog;

void OnTick()
  {
      Clog.fWriteLog("Data_To_File");
  }

_new-rena:

I just noticed....

You go into the editor, select the "files" folder there, then "open folder", maybe there?

It's not. Already went through my terminal directory folders:

C:\Users\hoz\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\1 FC724C8C211BFE8ECF8B599A855301E

There's no file name anywhere:

WindowExpertName(), "_", Symbol(), "_", Period(), "-", Month(), "-", Day(), ".log"

What should be from my code.

hoz:

No. I've already searched my terminal directory folders:

Which is what my code says it should be.

Well, that's the terminal directory. And then \MQL4\files\ and there?

In general, just write the name of the file instead of your composite name, maybe it will click the file into the directory (I don't like the name of the file...)

hoz:

It's not. I've already searched my terminal directory folders:

Which should be from my code.

Have you looked in the public folders?

_new-rena:

Well, that's the terminal folder. And then \MQL4\files\ and there?

In general, just write the name of the file instead of your composite name and it may click in the directory (I don't like the name of the file...)

Renamed it. To no avail. You can see it in the video.

Vinin:

Have you looked at the shared folders?

Of course.

To avoid problems with MetaTrader4/MetaEditor4, set "Run as Administrator" in terminal and editor file settings. After that MQL4.Cloud and templates in the terminal will start working correctly.

hoz:

Renamed it. To no avail. You can see it in the video.

Of course it does.

Maybe someone else will have some ideas. Although you could use the search engine

hoz:

No. I've already searched my terminal directory folders:

Which is what my code says it should be.

it means characters/characters of the full path+file name should now be counted. if more than 255 - hello - nothing will happen.... no error - unfortunately, it's been known to cause confusion on the user side...

shorten the file name to "1" or something unique and search the disk with the built-in Windows tools...

You can also create a file in the required directory by hand. If it opens, it means we'll look for an error in the code.