Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 303

Integer:

It's not about possible or not possible, it's about how it is. As far as I know, the drawdown in the report is by equity, not balance.
Boris probably meant that the drawdown of equity on the balance sheet is recorded (drawn) when a position is closed and if some positions with drawdown are not closed, the equity value at the moment of closing a position will be shown by the line on the diagram. If at the moment of the largest drawdown no positions were closed, the level of the largest drawdown will not be reflected on the graph.

artmedia70:
Boris probably meant that the drawdown of equity on the chart is recorded (drawn) when a position is closed and if some positions with drawdown are left unclosed, the equity value at the moment of closing a position will be shown by a line on the chart. If at the moment of the largest drawdown no positions were closed, the level of the largest drawdown will not be reflected on the graph.

Thank you very much. It has become much clearer.

artmedia70:
Boris probably meant that the drawdown of equity on the chart is recorded (drawn) when a position is closed and if some positions have not been closed yet, the equity value at the moment of closing a position will be shown by a line on the chart. If at the moment of the largest drawdown no positions were closed, the level of the largest drawdown will not be reflected on the graph.

So, what is an acceptable drawdown?

Lot 0.1(1 dollar)

Leverage 1-500.

artmedia70:
Boris probably meant that the drawdown of equity on the chart is recorded (drawn) when a position is closed and if some positions with drawdown are left unclosed, the equity value at the moment of closing a position will be shown by a line on the chart. If at the moment of the largest drawdown no positions were closed, the level of the largest drawdown will not be reflected on the graph.

I am not affected by it. Until the previous trade is closed, the next one will not open, i.e. there is only 1 order in the trade.

artmedia70:
Boris probably meant that the drawdown of equity on the chart is recorded (drawn) at the moment of closing a position and if some positions with drawdown have not been closed yet, the equity value at the moment of closing a position will be shown by a line on the chart. If at the moment of the largest drawdown no positions were closed, the level of the largest drawdown will not be reflected on the graph.

О... well... I couldn't imagine anyone taking this chart seriously.

solnce600:

Thank you. Your comment will help me understand this issue.

Can I double the drawdown on Equity if the price is down 300 p. and no more than that, with a 400 p. stop?

You guys are so... Going against all principles of engineering... I don't understand you. If we are talking about balance drawdown and equity drawdown, then equity drawdown can be much worse than balance drawdown. Balance drawdown is not an indicator at all. But the equity drawdown is in the report.

The chart in the tester is not an indication of the drawdown or anything else, it is just a... a certain schematic representation of how the Expert Advisor works.

Integer:

You guys are such a... Going against all principles of engineering... I don't understand you. If we are talking about balance drawdown and equity drawdown, then equity drawdown can be much worse than balance drawdown. The balance drawdown is not an indicator at all. But there is an equity drawdown in the report.

Thank you very much..... it makes more sense.... I almost understand everything.

solnce600:

Thank you very much..... clarity added.... I almost got it all.

Unconvincing

Integer:

Unconvincing

Need proof?

No strength. Time for the cot. Overnight the information will be organized in the brain and in the morning there will be absolute clarity.