Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 302

borilunad:
If it's 40% in the tester, it can double between closes, and on Real it can drain on the first day. It's not like we can test on the future! :((

We can't test the future, that's true, but all TA trading is based on the belief that patterns from the past will work in the future.

If in 13 years in 2000-3000 identical situations the pattern has never produced a stop loss - why would it produce a stop loss in the same situations in the fourteenth or fifteenth year?

solnce600:
Between the closing of what can the real drawdown double?
At the moment the tester only shows double at the moment of closing the position, and what happened before the closing is not recorded in the report. Therefore I always have a comment on the chart, showing free funds (FreeMargin), and I watch it during visual testing, so that I won't be surprised on the demo and won't "die" on the real!

artmedia70:
What is the lot to open with and what is the leverage?

Lot 0.1(1 dollar)

Leverage 1-500.

borilunad:
Double now, in the tester shows only at the moment of position closing, and what was before the closing, is not fixed in the report. Therefore I always have a comment on the chart, showing free funds (FreeMargin), and I watch it during the visual testing, so that I will not be surprised on the day, and on the Real do not "die"!

Sorry to be blunt, but I can't understand why the drawdown is doubling.

I opened a position up.Before it closes on profit it may go down by 398 p.It really doesn't show on the tester.

But I don't understand why a minus of $398 becomes a minus of $796? If the price actually decreased during this trade at most 398 points (1 point = 1 dollar).

Once again, I repeat that in the tester shows only at the time of closing the position, and what was before closing, in the report is not fixed!

Therefore, check the comment with your eyes or print in the log, and see to what level lowers FreeMargin!

borilunad:

Once again, I repeat that in the tester shows only at the time of closing the position, and what was before closing, in the report is not fixed!

Therefore, check the comment with your eyes or print in the log, and see to what level lowers FreeMargin!

Really?

borilunad:

Therefore, check the comment eyes or print in the log, and see to what level lowers FreeMargin!

OK, I'll see how the FreeMargin decreases INCREDIBLY.

But WHY WHAT WOULD THEY SEEM TO BE DIFFERENTLY minus 398 dollars will become minus 796 dollars? If the price actually fell by no more than 398 p (1 p=$1) during this trade

Integer:

Really?
Do you doubt that this is possible?

solnce600:
Do you doubt that this is possible?

It's not about what is possible or not possible, it's about how it is. As far as I know, the drawdown in the report is by equity, not by balance.

Integer:

It's not about possible or not possible, it's about how it is. As far as I know, the report drawdown is by equity, not balance.

Thank you. That observation of yours will help me deal with the issue.

Can I double the drawdown on equity if the price fell 300 p. and no more, with a stop of 400 p.?