Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 22

artmedia70:

What the hell, people, what the hell... The tester stopped working all of a sudden - it says there are no quotes. The history folder contains 554 Mb, the tester\history folder is empty. I downloaded the quotes via F2. What to do? May I bite someone?

It's the first time I've encountered such stuff...

I'm not sure how similar it is, it's been a while, but I've encountered the following - there were some heavy processes running and for start of the tester there was not enough memory on M1 for the whole length of the history (on all ticks?) and therefore it produced something similar on start.
You can run it on higher timeframes, where less memory is required, for the sake of experiment and compare.

chief2000:

I'm not sure how similar it is, it's been a long time, but I faced the following - there were several heavy processes running and there was not enough memory to run the tester on M1 for the whole length of history (on all ticks?), and therefore it produced something similar on startup.
You can run it on higher timeframes, where less memory is required, for the sake of experiment and compare.

It would give me no history at all TFs.

I killed it. I killed it... I took the terminal off, cleaned it all out, installed it again and put it all in folders. Took me half a day, but it's working now.

... I DON'T KNOW.

Dear, the Expert Advisor constantly generates an error invalid slippage for OrderSend function. I haven't found any information about this error on the forum. Please advise, does this error mean that the current slippage is higher than in the EA or it is a programming error in the code?

Sancho77:
Dear, the Expert Advisor constantly generates an error invalid slippage for OrderSend function. I haven't found any information about this error on the forum. Please advise, does this error mean that the current slippage is higher than the one in the EA or is there a programming error in the code?
First, print() the slippage value that you have passed to the trading function.

TarasBY:
And you (for starters) print() the slippage value you pass to the trade function. <br / translate="no">
I can't, the EA is not mine, it's in compiled form.

Sancho77: I can't, the EA isn't mine, it's in compiled form.
Still have a suspicion "that grail is missing"??? :)

TarasBY:
Still suspicious of the 'missing grail'??? :)
Of course )

If a trade flow is busy, I cannot open or modify an order, it's clear. But if it is busy and I need to calculate the number of set orders in this case, will I be able to use the Orderstotal, Orderselest function and get the correct result?

Desead:

If a trade flow is busy, I cannot open or modify an order, it is clear. But if it is busy and I need to calculate the number of set orders in this case, will I be able to use the Orderstotal, Orderselest function and get the correct result?

Do the math. The Expert Advisor does not go to the server, it just takes it from the terminal

Desead:

If a trade flow is busy, I cannot open or modify an order, it's clear. But if it is busy and I need to calculate the number of set orders in this case, will I be able to use the Orderstotal, Orderselest function and get the correct result?

Yes, because these functions do not access the server