For those who are convinced that all EAs with a martin are losing out. - page 48

tol64:

That's how it is with you. Everyone, of course, has their own rules. I have very strict criteria in TC testing. Such an attitude, as you have, I would call negligent and absolutely unacceptable (in relation to myself). :)

When you see the whole picture, you see what you can do to improve the results. Suppose there is a drawdown followed by a drawdown. )) For me the MT4/MT5 tester's report is not enough, and the simple point to point running of the test is not enough.

I agree, I'm a jackass. I admire your attitude. My EAs work with such deposits that the loss of one of them would not excite me at all, so I allow such a simplistic approach to testing. Good luck to you).

Contender:

The trick is that you can only get a positive MO if

P(p) * AvrPr + P(n) * AvrLs > 0,

where:

P(p) is the probability of making a profit in a trade

AvrPr - the average value of profit in the trade ( AvrPr >= 0 )

P(t) - the probability of taking a loss on the trade

AvrLs - the average loss value in the trade ( AvrLs <= 0 )

Thus, if the trader cannot guess the direction of the upcoming movement (and is not aware of it), then to achieve a positive MO the only thing left is to manage the size of the traded volume.

I do not agree with the conclusion. You can also manage the mean values of profit and loss.

By the way, the frequency of their occurrence depends on these values (or vice versa), so it is not quite correct to talk about probability.

tara:

I disagree with the conclusion. The average values of profit and loss can also be managed.

Incidentally, the frequency of their occurrence depends on these values (or vice versa), so it is not quite correct to talk about probability.

Average profit/loss values can be managed either by changing the traded volume, or by setting TP/SL levels. Changing of TP/SL distances changes not only the average profit and loss, but also the probabilities of successful and unsuccessful outcomes. In addition, it changes the trading time.

tol64:

It won't get lost, as it has already been answered. The problem is known. But post it anyway. Let the developers know that this question concerns many people (?), maybe they will raise the priority.

In general, it is time for servicedesk to grow into a normal public bug tracking, such as this, for example. It would make it easier for developers to keep track and for users to find information about bugs (and crutches:)

alsu:

In general, it's time for Service Desk to evolve into a normal public bug tracking system like this. It would make it easier for developers to keep track of things, easier for users to find information about bugs (and crutches:)

Cool option. It would be very handy. I think this was even discussed on Five once before, but I can't remember the answer.

If you like, write a wish to Service Desk. ))

And if martins only program 3 or 4 orders open, then I think it will be useful and time to limit the work of these advisors, for example, only at the opening of the European session.

Profitov:
And if you only program 3 or 4 opening orders for martins, then I think there will be a good effect and time to limit the work of these EAs, for example, only at the opening of the European session.
This will be a grail, urgently order the programmers).

khorosh:
It will be a grail, order the programmers urgently).

I have already ordered 4 years ago and I am working with such a martin, the results are modest, about 34% for the year, like Sorros.

Profitov:

I have already ordered 4 years ago and I am working with this kind of martin, the results are modest, about 34% for the year, like Sorros.
I have to deposit a good amount of money and you will be as rich as Soros).

khorosh:
All you have to do is accumulate a good sum of money and you'll be as rich as Soros).

Martin is too obvious a TS, it's silly to assume that no anti-martin has been invented!