For those who are convinced that all EAs with a martin are losing out. - page 20

khorosh:

If that's the way you want it. Here is a test of the Expert Advisor, which parameters were determined as a result of optimization on the interval 01.01.2007 - 01.01.2009.

well, congratulations

It is very possible that the strategy will be very profitable with the right management

and if you do not mind to post the results of the test from 01.01.2009 to the current moment with the same parameters. so... to complete the picture

I_SPQR_I:

well, congratulations

It may turn out to be a very profitable strategy if managed correctly.

and if you do not mind to post the results of tests from 01.01.2009 to the current moment with the same parameters. so... to complete the picture

The main thing is not to strive for high profits, to choose the initial deposit and not to overload it too much.

SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)
Period15 Minutes (M15) 2009.01.02 06:00 - 2013.05.17 22:59 (2009.01.01 - 2013.05.19)
ModelBy open prices (only for Expert Advisors with explicit bar opening control)

Bars in history108932Modelled ticks216847Modeling qualityn/a
Chart mismatch errors0
Initial deposit20000.00
Net profit77787.90Total profit109843.30Total loss-32055.40
Profitability3.43Expectation of winning34.90
Absolute drawdown1922.25Maximum drawdown32930.06 (36.83%)Relative drawdown43.26% (32088.28)
Total trades2229Short positions (% win)908 (65.42%)Long positions (% win)1321 (64.88%)
Profitable trades (% of all)1451 (65.10%)Loss trades (% of all)778 (34.90%)
Largestprofitable trade7874.16losing transaction-856.90
Averageprofitable deal75.70losing deal-41.20
Maximum numbercontinuous wins (profit)14 (124.94)Continuous losses (loss)9 (-2647.71)
MaximumContinuous Profit (number of wins)9112.15 (3)continuous loss (number of losses)-2991.39 (6)
Averagecontinuous winnings3continuous loss2

To summarise: With a certain personality, i.e. an increased risk appetite, this strategy is probably acceptable as a working strategy. However, it should be understood that it can happen at any moment. The author of the report pictures - khorosh - claims that according to his personal feeling it is possible to earn more than the initial deposit on the average.

In fact, this means, for example, that reinvesting does not have to be 100% (i.e. you have to withdraw funds regularly).

Mathemat:

To summarise: With a certain personality, i.e. an increased risk appetite, this strategy is probably acceptable as a working strategy. However, it should be understood that it can happen at any moment. The author of the report pictures - khorosh - claims that according to his personal feeling it is possible to earn more than the initial deposit on the average.

In fact it means, for example, that reinvestment should not be 100% (i.e. you should withdraw funds regularly).

I agree about everything. Just to clarify the following:

A drain should be understood as a loss of 50% of the current balance value, as I am prepared to accept such a loss.

I am ready to accept such a loss not only judging by personal experience, but also by results of testing on the real account, although it is still less than a year.

And of course one should not use very large funds, especially at the beginning of this strategy. Those who have large funds can place them more reliably in less risky projects.

khorosh: A drain should be understood as a loss of 50% of the current balance, as I am prepared to accept such a loss.

This is only a one-off. What do you do next? Do you stop trading - or do you resume trading under certain conditions? If the latter, then it's no longer pure martin.

A 50% drawdown can, after all, be repeated immediately.

Mathemat:

It is only a one time thing. What do you do next? Do you stop trading - or do you resume it when certain conditions are created? If the latter, it's no longer pure martin.

A 50% drawdown can, after all, be repeated immediately.

I assume that successful tests on the whole history of quotes allow us to hope that such cases will be quite rare.

I'll look at the circumstances, I'll start again if a no-trend changes direction or a sideways trend starts.

What do you mean by a pure martin? I understand if no indicators are used in an Expert Advisor, but only MM in the form of martin.

It's not exactly automatic trading but with possible intervention in case of emergency.

khorosh: I assume that successful tests over the entire history of quotes allow us to hope that such occurrences will be quite rare.

Random rare events often obey Poisson's law, a reasonable assumption. But it does not guarantee that the intervals between two neighbouring events cannot randomly become very small.

OK, bygones.

khorosh:

I assume that successful tests on the whole history of quotes allow us to hope that such cases will be quite rare.

I'll look at the circumstances, I'll start again if a no-trend changes direction or a sideways trend starts.

What do you mean by a pure martin? I understand if no indicators are used in an Expert Advisor, but only MM in the form of martin.

It is most likely that this is not exactly automatic trading, but with possible intervention in case of an emergency.

That's where the trouble that Mathematician writes about awaits you.

From what does it suddenly follow that the trend has changed direction? This move could be a pullback or a trap.

Entering in a sideways trend is no less dangerous. You turn on the buy and the price runs down without a hitch.

Be sure to feed your martin without changing your settings to other currency pairs. It is unwise to rule out the possibility that the eu might behave like the pound or the aussie at some point.

DhP:

what does it suddenly mean that the trend has changed direction? This move could be a pullback or a trap.

Entering a sideways trend is just as dangerous. You turn on the buy and the price runs down without fail.

Be sure to feed your martin without changing your settings to other currency pairs. It is unwise to rule out the possibility that the eu might behave like the pound or the aussie at some point.

Let's see). The real will judge. So far one version on real has been working fine since last summer and the other one since February this year. I will now prepare to install the version on the real, the test results of which are given in this thread.

khorosh:

For those who are convinced that all EAs with a martin are losing out.

Not at all. EAs with martin are great at scraping money, right down to the margin call.