Absolute courses - page 66

Dima.A.:

I looked at one of my experimental accounts (on which all EAs are tested, because I don't accept demos) and was horrified. Although the profitability: 1350%

What's there to be horrified about? Well, the balance went wild, not like in the test, at the start a little lucky..., but more than 10 times increased!!! It's cool! And for what period?

DYN:
What's there to be horrified about? Well, the balance went wild, not like in the test, it got a bit lucky at the start, but it went up 10 times!!.. That's cool! And for what period?

It's normal equity, it's working. The vertical lines down on it are not drawdowns but withdrawals. It's a 3-year period.

And on the subject, I gave up the idea of SL=TP for now. My system, unfortunately, does not fit into this framework. And I don't understand how the robustness of the system can be estimated with this approach. And the absolute rates (indexes) are still to be studied...

A reminder, if you don't read the thread in detail, demo trading on real:

Trading account type: standard.mt4 | Trading platform: MetaTrader 4

Login to MetaTrader: 5018915 | Server: Alpari-Standard1

Password in MetaTrader: Dr.F.

Dr.F.:

A reminder, if you don't read the thread in detail, demo trading on real:

Trading account type: standard.mt4 | Trading platform: MetaTrader 4

Login to MetaTrader: 5018915 | Server: Alpari-Standard1

Password in MetaTrader: Dr.F.

I will try to give some advice.

Make SL=TP=20. The frequency of trades will increase, statistics will be more reliable. The drawdown will decrease.

The expression "if the entry is correct, then a profit will be generated even by 100 pips, even by 200 pips" is not correct. You yourself are reducing the number of positive outcomes with big Take Profits. About the noise on M5 and demolition stops (with small values) - nonsense. The only argument that works in favour of increasing takes and stops is the ratio of spread to profit.

Dima.A.:

I will try to give some advice.

Make SL=TP=20. The frequency of trades will increase, the statistics will be more reliable. The drawdown will decrease.

The statement that if the entry is correct, then the profit will work out, even if it is 100 pips or 200 pips, is not correct. You yourself are reducing the number of positive outcomes with large takeovers. About the noise on M5 and demolition stops (with small values) - nonsense. The only argument that works in favour of increasing take and stop is the ratio of spread to profit.

The spread and noise will eat everything up.

If you decide to run the TC, I promise results in two days.

grell:

And the spread along with the noise will eat everything up.

It depends on how much the system outweighs the positive trades. At 65% it won't...

Dima.A.:

Depends on how much the system outweighs the positive trades. At 65%, it won't get eaten up...

And where is the preponderance towards TP? Isn't it based on SL=TP=1000p transactions?

Dima.A.:

I'll try to give some advice.

Make SL=TP=20. The frequency of trades will increase, the statistics will be more reliable. The drawdown will decrease.

The expression "if the entry is correct, then the profit is returned even if it is 100 points or 200 - it is not correct. You yourself are reducing the number of positive outcomes by big Take Profit. About the noise on M5 and demolition stops (with small values) - nonsense. The only argument that works in favour of increasing take and stop is the ratio of spread to profit.

The smaller the STOPs, the less "participation" in the "logical core" results and the greater the "case". :)

grell:

Where does the preponderance of TP come from? Isn't it based on SL=TP=1000p transactions?

The advantage should be given by the TS. I've attached screenshots of my TS on the optimized history. There - the outcome of positive trades is about 85%, the average loss trade is about equal to the average negative trade, but that does not mean that if I turn SL=TP, the system will still work. My stops as well as profits are floating.