Absolute courses - page 3

Avals:

I gave a link to a lecture, and there was a theorem (36 minutes) that prices are the exchange rate and you can in principle multiply them all by a constant (inflationary growth) or divide them (deflation) - nothing will essentially change.

So? It's obvious. That's not what I'm talking about.

So I've seen a few comments. Some were trying to be meaningful. Giving a direction of thought. Does anyone know how to differentiate? Can anyone write down simple ratios between eurodollar, pounddollar, europound increments (let's close this triangle), and euro, pound, and dollar increments separately?

grell:

Show me the money!

Young man, you are a very entertaining character. A newcomer?

Dr.F.:

Young man, you are a very entertaining character. A rookie?

So it didn't work out, then it's all clear.

Avals:
Can I give you an example? The value of the currency is the exchange rate. You take the price when EURUSD=1 and divide everything by it and you get the same thing. Or by any other constant - the graph will not change))

There will be examples. In the form of charts. They will be made tonight. Let's speculate for now.

Dr.F.:

I am not a novice at all. To draw categorical conclusions without having any background information about me is not a sign of great intelligence.
Obviously, I'm not a beginner! More than once here have opened pretentious threads under the nickname Dr., though with other letters! Aren't you the one who appears with a new thirst for being the centre of attention?

Dr.F.:

Examples will be. In the form of graphs. Tonight. Let's speculate for now.

What examples? It has already been explained to you that conventionally one currency can be considered equal to one, but only at one point in time.

grell:

What examples? It has already been explained to you that conventionally one of the currencies can be considered equal to one, but only at one point in time.

Young man, I am explaining to you again that if you consider one currency to be the "unit" (the standard in my terms above) then you are sitting in a puddle. For it has no right to be the standard. It is not constant. Exactly, you must take one unchanging benchmark on the arrow of time - the value of that currency in some bar in the past.

I repeat the question:Does anyone know how to differentiate? Can anyone write down simple ratios between the increments of the eurodollar, pounddollar, europound (let's close this triangle), and the increments of the euro, pound, and dollar separately?

Dr.F.:

Young man, I am explaining to you once again that if you consider one of the currencies to be the "unit" (the benchmark in my terms above) then you are sitting in a puddle. For it has no right to be the standard. It is not constant. Exactly, you must take one unchanging benchmark on the entire arrow of time - the value of that currency in some bar in the past.

I repeat the question:Does anyone know how to differentiate? Can anyone write down simple ratios between the increments of the Eurodollar, Pounddollar, Europound (let's close this triangle), and the increments of the Euro, Pounddollar, and Dollar separately?

EUR+dEUR GBP+dGBP EUR+dEUR

------------ / -------------- = -------------- :)

USD+dUSD USD+dUSD GBP+dGBP

Colleague Avals, thank you for your attempt at reason in the midst of obscurantism. Unfortunately, I asked to write down a very different ratio. you have no "EURUSD increments" in yours, nor GBPUSD, or EURGBP increments, and therefore nothing to relate to dEUR, dUSD, and dGBP increments as you labeled them.

EURUSD(i)=(EUR(i+1)+dEUR)/(USD(i+1)+dUSD)

EURGBP(i)=(EUR(i+1)+dEUR)/(GBP(i+1)+dGBP)

GBPUSD(i)=(GBP(i+!)+dGBP)/(USD(i+1)+dUSD)

There are plenty of options, but I repeat, it's a stomping ground.