Practice testing, reflection, discussion... - page 28

sever32:

What does "a mirror check" mean? What kind of process is this and why is it either/or?

What I mean by "checking for mirroring" is waiting to see if the price will go further, after the order triggers, so far that the opposite (mirror) position, if it had been opened, could be closed.

And the "either/or" is because I put a pendulum, to create a reserve of time, at a distance of 30 pips from the price. I don't care which way the price will go, up or down. Therefore, the order that reaches it - let it work...

prikolnyjkent:

It is the TOTAL number in the Balance column...

Ah-ah-ah. I was counting - current...

And how do you count the totals of mirror ones? or do you not trade them, but just monitor the performance of the criteria for them...

Roman.:

Ah-ah-ah. I was counting - current...

And how do you count the totals of mirror ones? Or do you not trade them, but just monitor the performance of the criteria on them...

I just track the mirror ones. I wonder what percentage of orders may work in "mirror" trading. Can you make a profit if you are on the tail of a loser...

prikolnyjkent:

Mirror trades - just keeping track of them. I wonder how many percent of orders can be worked in "mirror" trading. I wonder if there is a profit to be made if I tailgate a loss-maker.

I should calculate profit/loss on them too, at least virtually.

Roman.:

We should also use them, at least virtually, to calculate profit/loss or not?

That's easy. The transaction is the exact opposite. And so is the result of that trade :-)

prikolnyjkent:

That's easy. The deal is the exact opposite. And so is the result of such a deal :-)

OK! You are trading direct deals. Looking further...

Can you elaborate more on these initial five lines of random quotire outcomes, all of which belong to Eurobucks... It's not too clear...

Thank you.

Roman.:

OK! You are trading direct deals. Looking further...

Can you elaborate more on these initial five lines of random quotire outcomes, all of which belong to Eurobucks... It's not too clear...

Thank you.

Can...

I now have not 5 as in the example, but 8 "lines".

They are essentially completely independent series of trades, as if they were done on different pairs. But, they are all carried out on the Eurobucks (as if to diversify themselves :-). This is the "first line of defense" against increased volume of trades in case of long series of failures...

prikolnyjkent:

My "mirror test" is waiting to see if the price will go further, after the order has been triggered, so far that the opposite (mirror) position, if it had been open, could close completely.

is this about the size of the spread, i.e. would the opposite position be closed in a bid/ask?

sever32:

meaning the size of the spread, i.e. closing on a bid/ask opposite directional trade?

Exactly right

prikolnyjkent:

Exactly right.

don't worry, buy and sell with a spread difference, put stops in reverse order. no scalping, no megalotes - everything will be hockey. also during important news releases don't work, chain break for bank rollover and for the weekend.