[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 425

hoz:

I was asking specifically how to draw more than 6 lines on a graph. In which window (0 or other, it doesn't matter). That's what I'm most interested in and that's what I asked you about in the first place.

You cannot do it with one indicator. Unless I use graphical objects(trend lines), but it is a slow method. This leaves only a few indicators. Splitting one indicator into several.

Integer:
From a single indicator, you can't. Unless you use graphical objects (trend lines), but that's a slow method. This leaves only a few indicators. Split one indicator into several ones.

As I understand it is easier to call 2 or more indicators from an Expert Advisor with 8 buffers each. Thus, 8 lines should be drawn through each indicator. Is it so?

hoz:

As I understand it is easier to call 2 or more indices from an Expert Advisor, each with 8 buffers. Thus, 8 lines should be drawn through each indicator. Is it so?

If they are called from the Expert Advisor, they will not be visible on the chart.

prom18:

Hello! I can't understand why buystop orders are not deleted.

To delete an order, it must first be selected by OrderSelect()

Like this?

//============================================================================================
   if(Total==2)
     {
      if(msells==1)
        {
         if(buys==1)
           {
            if(OrderSelect(i-1,SELECT_BY_POS)==true)
              {
               if(OrderType()==4 && OrderLots()==Lots)
                 {
                  OrderDelete(Ticket);
                  return;
                 }
              }
           }
        }
     }

if(Total==2)
     {
      if(mbuys==1)
        {
         if(sells==1)
           {
            if(OrderSelect(i-1,SELECT_BY_POS)==true)
              {
               if(OrderType()==5 && OrderLots()==Lots)
                 {
                  OrderDelete(Ticket);
                  return;
                 }
              }
           }
        }
     }
   return;
  }
//============================================================================================

Integer:

If called from an EA, they will not be visible on the graph.

How can this be handled then?

hoz:

As far as I understand, it is easier to call 2 or more Expert Advisors with 8 buffers each. Thus, 8 lines should be drawn through each indicator. Is it so?
Integer:

If called from Expert Advisor, they won't be visible on the chart.
I should add: indicator buffers will be used only for calculation of some formula, where the variable is an array-timeseries. That is, if you need a difference between two Close[] or built-in technical indicators, you can calculate all this stuff in an Expert Advisor. If you need some common harmonic spectrum analysis by decomposing Close[] time series into Fourier series, then it makes sense to process it with an indicator and call it through iCustom() because the built-in technical indicators in MT4 do not yet have such goodies.

hoz:

How then can you fix it?

If you don't like drawing by graphical objects, you should create a double or triple indicator... ...whatever you want.

Let's say we need a Pivot indicator, but we need four levels instead of three. Four at the top, four at the bottom and the pivot itself, for a total of nine buffers. So, the whole thing will consist of two indicators. One indicator draws pivot and 4 lower levels, the second one also draws pivot and 4 upper levels. Of course, it is a personal matter which indicator draws what. Maybe one draws pivot and main levels and the other one draws intermediate levels.

Drawing by graphical objects is bad because when calling such an indicator from the Expert Advisor there is no access to values. But this problem can be solved - all values, which may be necessary to the EA, should be put in one buffer and the drawing process should be disabled, if the indicator is called from the EA (through the parameter in the indicator properties window).

gyfto:
I should add: indicator buffers will only be used to calculate any formula, where the variable is an array-timeseries. That is, if you need a difference between two Close[] or built-in technical indicators, you can calculate all this stuff in Expert Advisors. If you need some common harmonic spectrum analysis by decomposing Close[] time series into Fourier series, then it makes sense to process it with an indicator and call it through iCustom() because the built-in technical indicators in MT4 do not yet have such goodies.

I need to display a bunch of wipes in a chart window...

hoz:

I need to display a pack of mash-ups in the graph window...

Then it is better to generate a template.