[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 369

Chiripaha:
When you were preparing your file (code), most likely, you must have left out some extra (in the literal sense of the word) detail. : )))

No, I threw out only what makes the Expert Advisor profitable. :))

The rest, however, does not change the way the advisor works one bit.

And I optimise the full version of it...

But this miscarriage of testing time is not clear to me... why you can't do it for a week, but you can do it for 2 months...

The interesting thing is that the optimizer report saves ALL parameters to the file, except for the most important one - the optimization parameters themselves.

As a result, let's say I see the best result in the report file, but I don't see what parameters it corresponds to.

am i the only one who has this problem, or everyone?

solnce600:

And I thought until recently that there was only one person who wrote the textbook - Sergey Kovalev

Is he really in our branch! ?

I do not know - I will not lie. But when I asked him a question by post, he advised me to ask him further questions in this particular thread. From that I drew the above conclusion.

Chiripaha:
I do not know - I will not lie. But when I asked him a question by post, he advised me to ask him further questions in this particular thread. From that I drew the above conclusion.

Just curious - has he ever written in this thread? After all, there are all kinds of professionals too.Probably professionals come here..... and he's a SUPER-PROFESSIONAL!

Do you remember where in the textbook the topic of interest to me is touched upon?

lottamer:

No, I only threw out what makes the EA profitable. :))

The rest does not change the way the EA works one bit.

And I optimise the full version of it...

But this miscarriage with testing time is not clear to me... why you can't do it for a week, but you can do it for 2 months...

I'm telling you, Oleg, it's hard to help you... : ))) Because you've withheld half of the parts for yourself a little. : )))) - That's ok, it'll be a lesson for me. : )) I got a little too sentimental.

solnce600:

Just curious - has he ever written in this thread? After all, there are all kinds of professionals too.Probably professionals come here..... and he's a SUPERPROFESSIONAL!

Do you remember where in the textbook the topic of interest to me is touched upon?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.... Okay,guys. That's it! Waste of sentimentality over. : )))))) This is already starting to cross the line (how shall I put it delicately so as not to offend) of what is permissible - let's put it this way.

One asks for help - and does not give enough information. The result is wasted effort.

The other is too lazy to browse through the textbook.

: ))) Because I'm wondering where all the pros ran off to! ))))) No wonder, after all those requests.

Chiripaha:
That's what I'm saying, Oleg, it's hard to help you... : ))) Since you've hidden half of the parts a bit for yourself after all. : )))) - Never mind, it'll be a lesson for me. : )) I got a little too sentimental.

Thank you for your help. I really only threw out what I did NOT need to solve THIS problem.

and in what was left - the problem read clearly. So why clutter up your brain with long code? I think those who help us only have time for the most important thing...

No one will dig a thousand lines of code ... and some newbie :))

lottamer:

Thank you for your help. I really only threw out what is NOT needed to solve THIS problem.

and in what was left - the problem read clearly. So why clutter up your brain with long code? I think those who help us only have time for the most important thing...

No one will dig through a thousand lines of code...and no one is a beginner :))

OK. It's OK. I accept the words of gratitude. The rest is my problem. I made those tolerances.

The important thing is if it helped!

Chiripaha:

Ha ha ha ha ha.... All right, guys. That's it - basta! The waste of sentimentality is over. : )))))) This is already starting to cross the line (how shall I put it delicately so as not to offend) of what is permissible - let's put it this way.

One asks for help - and does not give enough information. The result is wasted effort.

The other is too lazy to go through a textbook.

: ))) I was wondering where all the pros ran off to. ))))) no wonder after such requests.

I'm not lazy..... I just don't like to make unnecessary gestures.

I like to have everything as in a compiled MQL program.

I asked you ..... maybe you accidentally left in your brain the place where it was written?

I wouldn't dream of you going through a textbook for me, looking for the place I need....

Without that, I am eternally grateful to you for the valuable information you graciously shared with me.

As a token of my gratitude, let me send you the link to the film about good people http://kinofilms.tv/film/timur-i-ego-komanda/8809

If I had as much information in my head as you do, I would share it with those in need.

Chiripaha:
And quite interesting is this string, the meaning of which I don't understand at all:

because if you add for example "EURUSD" to "USDJPY" but for the 6th letter, you get zero - then why add it at all? Hmmm...

Regarding this line:

MarketInfo("USDJPY" + StringSubstr(Symb, 6), MODE_BID);

Recently, DTs often add different prefixes to the symbol name (EURUSDm - for example) - they must be taken into account when referring to the market environment of the symbol.

P.S. ...And for the standard "EURUSD" StringSubstr ("EURUSD", 6) will be not zero but "".