[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 268

laveosa:
Thanks.... I have another question. If the result is different when testing on two different brokerage companies' histories and each company's history is the one I've got, then after I adjust TS on the brokerage company I will trade with, everything will be OK?

Yes, if you trust your brokerage company. If you don't trust, but the brokerage company seems to be normal, then we should test and check the values of the indica or expa parameters on the MetaQuotes history.

+ everything will be fine if the real period is no more than (according to the rules) 25% of the optimisation time...

For more details, see here. + here:

I have run my Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester a couple of times with optimization checked but I have not received any tangible results. Can you please advise where I can read more details about optimization?

Roman:

There is one option to adjust to different quotes by switching to rebrands. Then the TS will work equally in different brokerage companies.

There'll be dinner and breakfast here as well :)))) Thanks Roman, let's get wise :)

laveosa:
There'll be dinner and breakfast here as well :)))) Thanks Roman, we'll get wise to it :)

From the bottom of my heart.

Zhunko:
There is one option to adjust to different quotes by switching to reimbursement bars. Then the TS will work equally in different brokerage companies.

Can you explain in more detail how and what is it?

I want to calculate a twenty-day high and low, but the numbers don't add up. What's wrong with that?

for (z = 1; z < 20; z ++)
            {
            if (High [z] > High [z-1] )  zz = High [z];
            if (Low [z] > Low [z-1] )  zzz = Low [z];
            Print ("zz =", zz, "; zzz =",zzz );      // отладочная печать

}

everything.... found it thanks.

laveosa:
everything.... found it, thank you.

Where's the link to the info? Please.

GaNDarM:

I want to calculate a twenty-day high and low, but the numbers don't add up. What's wrong with that?

Here is an example from the documentation of a command that will help you - figure out how it works, change the parameters:

High[iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,20,4)];
Low[iLowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,10,10)];