[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 248

gyfto:
//C++

MT4_EXPFUNC int __stdcall GetStrAddress(const char *str) {    
    MqlStr* s = (MqlStr*)str;
    return (int)s->string; 
}
//MQL4

So that others don't suffer the same way, I've attached the whole zipped project. With sources, so that they could see that it is not a virus. I didn't have time to check what is compiled by VC++ 6.0 and what is rubbish. StrAddress.dll is in the Debug folder.

That's how it is:
MT4_EXPFUNC int stdcall GetStrAddress(LPCSTR szStr)
 {    
  return(int(szStr));
 }

silhouette:

For some reason, the terminal glitched during testing. Now when you turn it on, it starts using about 150 mb of memory and hangs. Was going to reinstall, but moved all my files before doing so. When I opened the folders I found that not all the files I created were there. Where are the rest of them?

I have solved the problem with file location, but I still haven't managed to solve the hanging problem. After re-installing it hangs on second run (first one works fine). As I said, first hangs happened during testing. Went into the files and found out that the history file in the tester folder takes over 700 mb! Before that I had uploaded the history and taken the terminal offline. Loaded the history for 2 years in minutes and then converted to other timeframes. What could be the reason for the freeze?

TarasBY:
I decided to bring the look of this Idyuk to the "usual" (forgive me the author). The result (on file).

Igor, you've succeeded in it in a glorious way. Finish this theme. :)

AndEv:
Actually, you don't need anything else except OHLC. And it's not about the code. When charts are open, timeseries are created in virtual memory and all incoming quotes are stored in the main memory without being written to history files. History files are written only when we close MT4. When requesting data without opening the corresponding chart, the time series are not created, but the downloaded data are directly written to the history files. In order to retrieve this data, we need to query again and only in this case we will get fresh data (from the file). I wanted to try to simulate in some way the presence of an open chart, in order to get the data from RAM rather than from a file.

This seems to be what you need:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9968

First time I noticed this zigzag indicator error DT_ZZ_optomized. Could it be because of today's flat? Or do I need to fix something in the code? Not sure, no way!

grafic

Can you tell me if there is an indicator that shows the high and low price of each candle and if so, what is it called ?

alex12:
Can you tell me if there is an indicator that shows the high and low price of each candle and if so, what is it called ?

If you hover your mouse over a candlestick, you will see the data of this candlestick, including the highest (High) and lowest (Low) price.

Thank you, but I don't need the data of each candle, I need an indicator that draws the high and low price of each candle - preferably with a solid line.

alex12:
Thank you, but I don't need each candle's data, I need an indicator that draws the high and low price of each candle - preferably with a solid line.
Draw two MAs with period=1, one "Apply to: High", the other "Apply to: Low".

:) And a whisky for Uncle Vita. For science (no smiley face).