[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 198

Do you know if it is possible to receive data about the size (step) of the standard grid in MT4, which automatically changes its step according to volatility, chart size, etc. (or calculate its step itself, but you need to know the algorithm in MT4)?

Lonely_man:
Do you know if it is possible to receive data about the size (step) of the standard grid in MT4, which automatically changes its step from volatility, chart size, etc. (or calculate its step by yourself, but you need to know the algorithm in MT4)?
Do you want to calculate the MAKS slope angle? This is a futile business! Calculate the ratio of pips to bars and you will achieve a relative (as everything on the market) result! Good luck!

Please, point me to the example of working (no matter script, Expert Advisor, or indicator) with trend lines in a separate indicator window. It is required to determine the moment of intersection between hand drawn trend line and self-made indicator in a separate window. I am grateful in advance.

VNG:
I have a lot of experience with the trend lines in a separate indicator window, so I would like to ask you for an example (no matter if it is a script, Expert Advisor or an indicator). I want to determine the timing of cutting the trend line, drawn manually and self-made indicator in a separate window. Thank you very much.
Poking.Article

At the moment I am using the following variant of the string to determine the highest candle in the 1 hour chart:

double up1 = High[iHighest(NULL, PERIOD_H1,MODE_HIGH,2,1)];

Question is, how to change the string to attach to any period of the chart and get the same result as on the 1 hour chart?

abeiks:

At the moment I am using the following variant of the string to determine the highest candle in the 1 hour chart:

double up1 = High[iHighest(NULL, PERIOD_H1,MODE_HIGH,2,1)];

Question is, how to change the string to attach to any period of the chart and get the same result as on the 1 hour chart?

double up1 = iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_H1, iHighest(NULL, PERIOD_H1,MODE_HIGH,2,1));

borilunad:

I see, thank you.

borilunad:
Dreaming of calculating the angle of the MAHA? This is an empty case! Calculate the ratio of pips to bars and you will get a relative result (like everything on the market)! Success!
No - just as a volatility parameter I'm interested and need the pitch of this grid. I have a fixed grid in pips - but at higher volatility it becomes narrower visually, at lower one - wider. This is interesting - how MT determines how many blocks to divide the range. If you trade with MT's autogrid using handles, of course everything is visible here but how to get its data - this is the problem.

This is not the first time, by the way, that people think that there are some magical market properties in the standard parameters of MT tools.

Lonely_man:
No, I'm just interested in the step of this grid as a volatility parameter. I have a fixed grid in pips - but it visually becomes narrower at higher volatility and wider at lower one. What I would like to have, as MT4 does - with different window size the step value is set and the visual size of cubes remains the same, changing only the value in pips - so what is the algorithm? This is interesting - how MT determines how many blocks to divide the range. If you trade with MT's autogrid using handles, of course everything is visible here but how to get its data - this is the problem.

You will notice that when you switch on MT, all the charts have a vertical spread depending on the extremes of the bars that fit in the chart. You adjust this swing with the mouse, only squeezing vertically. From here you jump in the calculations. The number of bars is constant if you do not change the chart width. And the number of pips, count from the upper extremum subtracting the lower one but this difference will change, when one of the extrema is hidden behind the left border of the chart.

I can't go into details, but why should you waste your precious time on it. At least I'm practicing logic, but why should you make such a mess?