[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 146

sv.:

Is it possible to set permanent graph display settings when testing in visualisation mode?

So that you don't have to change the background colour and other settings every time:

Save the template with the name "tester.tpl". It will be loaded by default.

TarasBY, Zhunko.
Thank you.

Lonely_man:

Yes I've already done everything and searched everywhere including in all metaquotav directories on disc C, what I found - no new files neither in hidden nor in open (MT4 directory, which I need, in general, at the address you specified is empty, and MT5 - yes, everything is written there normally) . In general all the templates, indulators and profiles located in MT4 folder on disc C have the date of creation/updating before installing Win7, and in the same form that I put them there after reinstalling the system. I really need to know where do I put the new files of profiles, indices and templates? I searched all forums, nobody knows. If I had not found them, I would not know where they would put them.
If you can't find new files by searching (with mask, for example: *.tpl) on ALL disks of your computer, then I can suppose that the terminal that doesn't have appropriate rights in the system won ' t create files that you are searching for. The way out is as I've already written: move the terminal to another drive.

Good evening, could you tell me how to colour the candles in two colours, above the average MA 21 in green, below the average MA 21 in red?

TarasBY:
If you can't find new files by searching (for example with mask: *.tpl) on ALL disks of computer, then I can suggest, that terminal, not having appropriate rights in system, doesn ' t create required files. The way out is as I've already written: move the terminal to another drive.

Got it! Created a new profile and immediately made a search for *.chr files not older than 1 hour. Turns out all the new files were written to the path

C :\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles (x86)\Terminals folder\MT4 folder

It means that some virtual folder was created for some program files and terminals got there too. All changes and new profiles, templates ...and other files from the terminal were written there. Thanks for the help. It's strange, that it didn't find anything, until I limited the file creation time in search.

Hi, i have a question, i have been testing the advisor on weekdays and the result was one stable, yesterday towards night the result was changed. the code has remained unchanged and the advisor has several criteria (portfolio) is the story changed at the weekend or what may be the reason. p.s. tried on MT4 3 different brokers and the result has changed on all criteria separately or together, no difference all is not the same as it was for weeks. thanks!

laveosa:
i have a question, i have been testing the EA on weekdays and the result was one stable, yesterday towards night the result was changed. the code has remained unchanged and the EA has several criteria (portfolio) is the history changing on weekends or what could be the reason. p.s. i have tried 3 different brokers on MT4 and the result has changed on all criteria separately or together, no matter what it was not the same during the weeks. thanks!

Before the weekend the spread increases. And quite a lot.

Vinin:

Before the weekend, the spread increases. And quite a lot.

I don't know what's going on, I have several EAs, they are not one month old and I haven't seen anything like this before, they were all profitable and stored in the library, many of them have portfolio and several different criteria in one algo.

Vinin:

Before the weekend, the spread increases. And quite a lot.

I'm testing on Alpari there over the weekend the spread increased by 66 pips does that count as being OK on Monday and going back to where it was?

On the subject of candle colouring, can anyone give me a hint? Please.