[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 68

lottamer:

i'll post the code later...

but in the meantime a question: where did the 7 gigs in the text file come from? there are no other files. deleting the text file frees up 7 gigs of space

Are you guys having a guessing game? Guess the bug in the program by the results ;) ? With nearly 100% probability your loop variable doesn't change inside the while loop, that's why it loops, and 7 Gigs - it's because the computer/screw is slow: during time-out you can probably create more ;).

Heroix:

There is a need to collect Ask, Bid ticks from, say, 10 pairs.

How much faster is the scheme of collecting ticks by a separate EA on each symbol chart, than the scheme of collecting ticks on one chart through Marketinfo(), in one EA?

And another question: does Marketinfo() address to server or to terminal (to the last value of symbol in "market overview")?

Measure with https://docs.mql4.com/ru/common/gettickcount

Marketinfo() is in most cases information which is in "market overview" window, it is updated by terminal automatically - your code receives information from terminal, another matter is that while your code performs serious calculations information in market overview can change, for this case there is https://docs.mql4.com/ru/windows/refreshrates

ZZY: try to call Marketinfo() to the symbol which is not in the market review - remove the symbol, reload the terminal

HH: search on the kodobase somewhere there is a ticks collector script from Composter, there is a looped script - a good example

ilunga:

And you're sure that on every tick your while gives you one line and not a million? That's why it's a loop.

i thought one tick was one loop...and apparently i was sorely mistaken....

it looks like the loops are only for arrays.... where you really need to make thousands of runs in a second....

my mistake...

VladislavVG:

Are you guys doing some kind of guessing game ? Guess what's wrong with the program by its results ;)) ? With nearly 100% probability inside the while loop you don't change the loop variable, so the loop loops, and 7 Gigs is because the computer hard drive is slow: in time to time out you can probably do more :).

Yeah, thanks, it's all sorted out, looks like I applied the wrong loop in the wrong place.... gross mistake... The variable changes once every 10 minutes, (and it's not a variable, but indicator readings...) and during this time... the loop is probably executed a couple of million times....

and the computer is really slow ... because even after disconnecting the EA, it still continues to print logs for a long time :)))

Hello, I only traded on a demo account, today I put in some real money. When I want to trade I get a message that trading is not allowed. How can I start trading?

p-h-n_93:
Hello, I only traded on a demo account, today I put in some real money. When I want to trade I get a message that trading is not allowed. How to start trading?
Ifreal money, the most correct solution to your problem is to call the TP of your brokerage company.

p-h-n_93:
Hello, I have been trading on my demo account only, i have added some real money today. When i want to trade i got a message that trading is not allowed. How can I start to trade?

If an Expert Advisor trades, it should be allowed to do so:) In Service -> Settings -> Advisors....

I have an idea to use the well-known patterns of Price Action calledDBLHC andDBHLC.

DBLHC pattern

Conditions for its formation:

DBLHC (Bull Setup)- bars with identical lows and higher closes.
Two (may be three or more) consecutive bars with the same lows, with the closing price of the last one being higher than the maximum of the previous one. The difference in lows of adjacent bars may not exceed 3 pips. The more bars make up the set-up, the stronger the signal it generates.

DBHLC (Bearish Setup)- bars with equal highs and lower closes.
Two (three or more) consecutive bars with the same maximums with the closing price of the last one lower than the minimum of the previous one. The difference in maximums of adjacent bars must not exceed 3 points. The more bars make up the set-up, the stronger the signal it generates.

Take, for example, theDBLHC (Bullish Setup)

The open price of the current bar should be close to the minimum of the previous bar. It is easy to write. But we are interested in the case when there is more than one bar with the same minimum or almost the same minimum, for example, 5. How should we work in such a case? How to specify this condition so as to consider not only the previous bar but the bars located earlier in the history as well?

I suppose we should loop through the bars from the past to the present:

for(int i=n; i<=Bars; i++)
{
  if(Low[n+1] == Low[n])                // Находим первые бары у которых одинаковы минимальные цены баров в диапазоне...
                                        // ..от бара с индексом n к последнему бара
}

Then we should somehow set the condition that if the minimum of the next bar is also equal to the minimum of the previous one(s), then... further we compare it... How to implement it?

p-h-n_93:
Hello, I only traded on a demo account, today I put in some real money. When I want to trade I get a message that trading is not allowed. How do I start to trade?

Probably the brokerage company wants something from you, like a copy of your passport. Call the brokerage company.

Good afternoon,

Also on a real account, there are a lot of mistakes when executing trade orders. For example, today:

2013.01.10 13:46:09 '15082': instant order buy 0.15 EURUSD at 1.30844 sl: 1.30758 tp: 0.00000
2013.01.10 13:46:10 '15082': request was accepted by server
2013.01.10 13:46:10 '15082': requote 1.30843 / 1.30858 for open buy 0.15 EURUSD at 1.30844 sl: 1.30758 tp: 0.00000
2013.01.10 13:46:11 '15082': instant order buy 0.15 EURUSD at 1.30869 sl: 1.30785 tp: 0.00000
2013.01.10 13:46:11 '15082': request was accepted by server
2013.01.10 13:46:11 '15082': request in process
2013.01.10 13:46:13 '15082': order was opened : #12941470 buy 0.15 EURUSD at 1.30869 sl: 1.30785 tp: 0.00000

It means that 4 seconds passed from the order opening signal to its execution, and I suspect this is not the limit.

The reason of this delay is that the order has been requoting by 15 pips.

How to deal with it? To hell with 15 pips. I want to open an order by market and it does not matter how much the price changes in a second. As a result, I opened higher at1.30869, while I should have opened it at 1.30858. This issue may become critical for profitability/losses of the Expert Advisor if it cannot open on the signal and waits for correction to start.

Thank you.