Not the Grail, just a regular one - Bablokos!!! - page 75

Meat:

That's for sure... Well, good riddance to you. If you want to argue with mathematics, go ahead. Although I personally find it strange to hear such things on a programmer forum, because anyone who is even slightly proficient in coding, can easily check these crazy fantasies and see that they are not true. But you don't even need to code anything, you can just build tables in Excel.

That is the point, it is mathematics that allows us to make some plans for SB. It's the maths that leads to quite reasonable conclusions...

Mischek2:

...peddling about how he ripped off Las Vegas on some other forum...
Showing off his three signature screens.

prikolnyjkent:
That's the thing, it's the maths that allows you to make some plans for SB. It is the maths that leads to quite reasonable conclusions...

Apparently you didn't learn that maths well either, just like Lastrer. Where does it say, for one of two equally likely events you can predict an outcome with a probability greater than 0.5 based on some random numbers? All those past sequences of yours are random, they have absolutely nothing to do with which side a coin will fall on the next flip. You might as well try to predict a coin based on the air temperature in Brazil or the population of China. Doesn't that make sense?

A lot of people don't seem to understand what randomness is at all...

Lastrer:
Yeah. I wrote everything strictly according to the mathematics (theorist). As for Excel, it's not as simple as it seems. In fact, such things are easier to write in something else as multi-storey formulas in it, believe me, not ace.

You're wrong, you forgot about the built-in VBA. You can screw up formulas like this in it.
And everything is very simple, you add a module to the book and "go for a ride" ...

Meath, before jumping to conclusions, read what I was talking about. So there are two options:

1. Calculate the probability of B eagles before a series of A tails in a row. What is it with A=3 and B=4. If it is 0.5, I repent.

2. I am waiting for an apology.

Dima, I'd rather do it the old-fashioned way in mt5

Meat:

All these past sequences of yours are random, they have absolutely nothing to do with which side a coin falls on the next flip.

Clearly they are random ))), and it's just as clear that the next flip is 1/2, but we're talking about the probability of the right side falling out in the next series, where the probability is not 1/2 but 1/8 if you take a series of three.

Lastrer:

Meath, before jumping to conclusions, read what I was talking about. So there are two options:

1. Calculate the probability of B eagles before a series of A tails in a row. What is it with A=3 and B=4. If it is 0.5, I repent.

2. I am waiting for an apology.

That is, the probability of a series of OOO ORRRs appearing, am I reading you correctly? Then the probability is 0.5^7= 1/128. That's exactly the same probability as any other combination of 7 shots. So what does that give you? If you think this combination is winnable, then all other combinations might as well be winnable. It's a little too graphic, don't you think? ;)

No, you've got it wrong. Read it more carefully. The probability of reaching 4 tails before a series of three eagles falls. Those are

ororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororororor and the unlucky outcomes are ooo or roorororororororororororororororor.

Meat:

Apparently you didn't learn this maths as well as Lastrer. Where does it say, for one of two equally likely events, you can predict the outcome with a probability greater than 0.5 based on some random numbers? All those past sequences of yours are random, they have absolutely nothing to do with which side a coin will fall on the next flip. You might as well try to predict a coin based on the air temperature in Brazil or the population of China. Doesn't that make sense?

A lot of people don't seem to understand what randomness is at all...

And I don't mean predicting the outcome of one particular shot. I mean the visible properties of a SERIES of throws.

For example, isn't it possible to take advantage of the fact that none of the 1000 series of 1000 throws has the maximum deviation from the x-axis greater than 120? (https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Задача_о_разорении_игрока)

Obviously you can. (And I'd say you should...)