Forget random quotes - page 58

tara:

With all due respect, as they say in Hollywood - both the goal setting and the "N hour" rule are unnecessary. Simplifying the simple.
And why is setting a goal unnecessary?

jelizavettka:
AA... I take it... you're trading a pattern breakdown, right?

Breakout, hmm?

Patterns show where price went in the past (i.e. a pattern with a continuation a few bars into the future, there is a similar owl in the codebase, like dejavu). I open to the same place. So there's a repetition of price movements.

tara:
How much more necessary. The purpose is not, but the time is unambiguous. Or what are the needs then?

I'm only referring to the context of the approach I'm discussing now. If I'm trading a pattern of "pattern-open...", it's strange to go on "... value-closed".

paukas:
See, it's even a little better. And try adding that if the goal is not achieved in N hours - shut the whole thing the hell down.
You should only close by timeout if the signal is against the wool, or better yet, roll over with a double counter.

alexeymosc:

Breakout, hmm?

Patterns show where price went in the past (i.e. a pattern with a continuation a few bars into the future, there is a similar owl in the codebase, like dejavu). I open to the same place. That's where the price movement repeats itself.

AHHH... I see..... it's just that this approach, based on repeating patterns, is practiced by KIM4 quite successfully it seems. Good luck with that.

Reshetov:
You should only time out if the signal is against the wool, or better still, roll over with a double counter.
Close by well not by timeout but by fuck.

TheXpert:
How much more necessary. The purpose is not, but the time is unambiguous. Or what are the needs then?

About time - not as simple as Paukas, but much simpler :)

Reshetov:
You should only time out if the signal is against the wool, or better still, roll over with a double counter.
Double counter? .... So, this already turns out to be a martin. And if we do not close the previous counter - we lock one. Did I get it right?

jelizavettka:
AHH... I see..... it's just that this approach, based on repeating patterns, is practiced by KIM4 quite successfully it seems. Good luck with that.

Lisa, he's not a fourth, he's an IV.