M1 chart missing bars - page 9

Trying to figure it out.

There is a link to the function above, I followed it and copied it into my code, but it doesn't compile - it generates errors...

I think this function, "SimpleTrailing()", must be registered before opening an order...

Or what am I doing wrong?

Z.U. I really want to learn how to make a trade in MT4, and then i will migrate to MT5 with time.

DanLett:
Please advise 2-3 books worth reading on forex...

All forex books - go.... . Better get to know a few professional traders with over 6-8 years of experience, and before you do
Read a week or two forums on trading, in particular this forum. Don't make other people's mistakes, it's too long a journey.

Thanks for the tip!

DanLett:

Trying to figure it out.

There is a link to the function above, I followed it and copied it into my code, but it won't compile - it gives errors...

No wonder. Read the whole tutorial carefully - function handling, function call order... etc.

Roman.:
Roman, here's what I was thinking. If we run 1 martin with an initial lot L, then we get a drawdown of X. If we run 10 martins simultaneously, and give each a tenth of the initial lot L/10, then we get the same drawdown, but the probability of this drawdown over the same period is less. You should agree that 10 simultaneous drawdown events is unlikely. Of course, the martins should be different from each other so they don't correlate. Have you given any thought to this topic?

DmitriyN:
Roman, here's what I was thinking. If we run 1 martin with an initial lot L, then we get a drawdown of X. If we run 10 martins simultaneously, and give each a tenth of the initial lot L/10, then we get the same drawdown, but the probability of this drawdown over the same period is less. You should agree that 10 simultaneous drawdown events is unlikely. Of course, the martins should be different from each other so they don't correlate. Have you given any thought to this topic?

See my comment - on this page of his forum on alp PAMMs. Bottom line - see his profitability graph ... :-) Too much diversification by instruments ... :-)

... ...and he poured in before the collapse... Shit! And he was also the developer of the PAMM account portfolio constructor!

Roman.:
Yes, it's better not to pour in before the breaks :) I've been thinking for a long time about what's best to do on cliffs when you don't know how deep a cliff will be and what to do after cliffs when it's obvious that there probably won't be such big cliffs in the near future (although that's not always true, often a cliff is followed by another cliff).

DmitriyN:
Yes, it's better not to pour in before the breaks :) I've been thinking for a long time about what to do better in breaks when we don't know how deep a breakout will be and what to do after the breaks when it is obvious that there probably won't be such big breaks in the near future (although this is not always true, often a breakout is followed by another breakout).

You have to work in that direction and that's it... Everything is outlined in the Avalanche thread. Well, yes: with a poor instrument diversification (as he has) - after the gap there may be another (similar, at best) gap before turning to profit from the previous one, even if he says that all his TS shows good results on history... IMHO, it is better to have less (traded instruments based on the TS selected on history), but it is better! If the profitability is positive - don't diversify by instruments, but increase the size of the initial lot ... If we use a proven TS with martin on the corresponding trend instruments.