[Archive] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 15: May 2012) - page 107

Right... where will she go...

margaret:
And if it is at all, what is it to you - is it hard to put up with it for a couple of weeks? Where will she go...

Difficult of course, I want the money now, not someday)))

margaret:
Yevgeny Romanov 15.05.2012 - 10:48

What - is it hard for you to put up with it for a couple of weeks? Where will she go...

two weeks without ice cream .... no no way..... let's pop it while it's kicking :) :)

from the day's pivot :)

margaret:
Yevgeny Romanov15.05.2012 - 10:48

To continue the theme of indicator preference, market makers who don't look at indicators (or volumes either), and central banks who don't care about market makers, you and me, or indicators. Don't they. Let's say that the fall in the Euro was seriously driven not by supply or demand, not by Greece or payrolls, but by sales of fresh tranches of US bonds. And so the Treasury issues bonds and the Fed buys dollars to - to put it bluntly and mildly - sell those bonds at a higher price. It is a commodity that they create out of paper. Hence the question - are market makers notified of this? I suppose they can notify the NY Fed primary dealers. You yourself should understand that not everything that goes on behind the scenes at the Fed is voiced even to the primary dealers. Among the primary there are always the most primary, under Bush it was Goldman Sachs and who now I honestly don't know. Some know more, some less. Those who know almost everything about the dollar, like Bernanke or Geithner, are genuinely amused when they are told about it by those who know less. Further, traders who work for market makers, whether on the floor or virtually, know exactly what the Fed is or is not doing, or at the level of 90% of assumptions, rumors, signs that are beyond our reach. We can only guess, which is vain. What do you think, I have not tried to buy a dollar knowing the day before that a hundred yards of treasuries will be issued next week? I have tried. And the dollar mockingly fell like a stone. Those who trade in the big banks know more, they have access to classified information, including volumes, they have expensive sources of information and accurate price terminals like the EBS. We have nothing but animal instinct, which is based on price, on indicators or volumes, on the ability to understand data and understand how important it is, blah, blah, blah. We have nothing but flair. Let it be based on past loy, and let it be based on the line, although I agree - that's bullshit. The eura broke all the lines a long time ago, the eura has become an even more false girl than the euro-yen. The euro yen is traded by who? I don't even look at the yen yet, let alone the euro yen. But I repeat - the main cheater is the eura. And it remains very liquid and there is very high demand for it. Not today. Not yesterday. Not these two weeks. Not at all. And if it's at all, what are you - hard to put up with for a couple of weeks? Where will she go...

Thank you Margaret.

not enough :)

Ishim:
from here
Exactly, I have entered at 6055 for now, I will add 1.6008 somewhere.

François Baroin, head of the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Industry, said that a Greek exit from the eurozone would cost France 50 billion euros. According to the minister, this is the amount missing from the state budget, as well as insurance companies and banks that operate or have assets on Greek territory. Diversant.ru 16:23

It should be noted that some analysts give more pessimistic estimates of losses of eurozone countries from the withdrawal of Greece. According to them, the losses may amount to 400 billion to one trillion euros. Voice of Russia 16:07

Jean-Claude Juncker, chairman of the Eurogroup, assures that eurozone finance ministers have not discussed the possibility of Greece exiting the single European currency area. The Eurogroup remains committed to keeping Greece in the eurozone and will do whatever is necessary to do so.

BEAUTIFUL :)

How vicious and insatiable the Americans are!!! My 100 cents has come to a stop... And I made 300 of them first! :))))

World oil prices are falling on Tuesday, May 15, amid a rise in US fuel inventories to their highest level in 21 years and the debt crisis in Europe. US light crude futures for June WTI (Light Sweet Crude Oil) fell by $0.87 to $93.91 a barrel as of 07:50 Moscow time. Voice of Russia 11:02

Oil prices on world markets fell on Monday, May 14, amid political uncertainty in Greece, plagued by budget and debt problems, Bloomberg

reported.

All economy and business news on Prime >> After a series of failed attempts to form a broad political coalition, Greek President Karolos Papoulias on Monday suggested party leaders create a technocratic government of people not directly linked to politics. RIA Novosti 04:34

Recall that at the close of trading last Friday the price of June futures for WTI crude oil on the New York Mercantile Exchange NYMEX

fell by 1% to $96.13 a barrel.

June Brent futures on ICE

in London fell 0.4% to $112.26 per barrel