What do the pros have to say: How to get mouse scroll values in MQL? [repost from the fifth forum]. - page 3

sergeev:

Igor, you are trying to exaggerate on the wrong problem. And to add some specifics. There is no need.

The question was clear and unambiguous - how to get the mouse scroll values in MQL and using only wind's DLL or API. That's all.

I think it's clear to all that this task cannot be solved by means of MQL4 (only partially, as I pointed out at the beginning of the topic), even by means of wind DLLs. By the way, you should also think about the fact that since you're going to use Windows DLLs anyway, there is no difference between them and your own DLLs - the user must check the box "Allow use of DLLs". So maybe this is the solution?

I was looking for specifics to try to approach the problem from a different angle. I often find myself in situations where I can't see anything around me and I bang my head against the wall. As soon as someone from the outside says something at that moment, other solutions magically appear.

That was the only purpose of my questions - to look at the task from the other side.

Scriptong:

Using Windows tools (implying its own DLL):

:)))), how many times can it be written that you can only use Windows DLLs.
The Windows message options are clear enough

sergeev:
:))), how many times can it be written that only widget DLLs can be used.
it is already clear about the variants of wind messages

This was my reply to tara. The following message was addressed to you ;)

And just for the sake of interest: what is the strategic difference between generic DLLs and homemade DLLs? It is possible to screw up in both.

Scriptong:

That was my answer to tara. The following message was addressed to you ;)

And just for the sake of interest: what is the strategic difference between generic DLLs and homemade DLLs? It's possible to screw up in both.

:-))

FAQ:

... But we do not look for easy ways :)))

I too am greatly surprised by this persistence.

Zhunko:

:-))

I too am greatly surprised by this stubbornness.

You can be surprised by ignorance, but this is not the case.

But the quest for the grail comes as no surprise to anyone...

FAQ:
But searching for the grail doesn't surprise anyone...
What else is there to do in a coder forum but to look for the grail:/

Let's consider it another one :))

FAQ:
Let's consider it another one :))
And just as hopeless )

sanyooooook:
And just as hopeless )

Not that hopeless :)