Looking for a good MQL4 programmer. There are two strategies, I need to make them automatic. - page 6

DmitriyN:
Crazy money is rare for normal people.
Another stupid stampede.

Thick )

jelizavettka:
Is Zigzag good for nothing else but wave analysis?

I remember, somewhere in the beginning of my journey (2006), having looked on Onyx in the ZUP branch of my fellow countryman and good friend nen(author of ZUP), I soon described a rather interesting and uncomplicated zig-zag tactic. Even think of a beautiful name for it - "radial tactics.

http://www.onix-trade.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=118&view=findpost&p=105303

For more details: http://www.onix-trade.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=373&view=findpost&p=121450 .

Perhaps, it is better to use this trading strategy on volatile symbols. Below is a table with probability distribution of GBP/USD for different minPercent parameters:

I wanted to write an Expert Advisor using this tactic, but in those distant times I haven't even started to study MQL, and when I learned how to write it, I was carried away by my other ideas and other interests...

DmitriyN:
It was a compliment to Denis - a decent, intelligent and talented man. But, I didn't think it was boorish of you. Sorry, I didn't mean to :)

From a dialogue between two traders.....

- Denis, you're normal .

- Thanks for the compliment.

DmitriyN:
Crazy money rarely comes from normal people.

Normal money rarely comes from crazy people. (reverse)

leonid553:
Zig-zag is one of my favourite turkeys.... What are the other interests that have caught your eye? spreads on raw materials?

jelizavettka:
Zig-zag is one of my favourite turkeys.... What other interests have taken hold? spreads on raw materials?

no. women.

Yes - seasonal (arbitrage) trading of commodity-fund spreads. And as of late, I remember "purely foreign exchange" trading - like a bad dream...

You 'will laugh' by the way - but some of the most profitable and predictable 'instruments' in speculative commodity trading are calendar spreads of pigs and horned cattle!

denis_orlov:

1.Are there others in the forex market? Can you give an example...?

Easy: When a signal is repeated to open a previously open position, the rules for closing it are changed to those corresponding to the new signal.

leonid553:
Yes - seasonal spread trading.
Women... to seasonal spread trading... ..... - nice cocktail)))