Developing a stable trading robot - page 15

yosuf:
When will MT5 be introduced? Why does everyone fear them like fire? After all, they take the spread in any case. Apparently, there is only one goal: to put sticks in traders' wheels, what if they shift the ratio from 5/95 to 10/90?
Yes. Sticking in the wheels, standing under the boom and swimming over the buoys.

paukas:
Yes. Putting sticks in the wheels, standing under the boom and swimming over the buoys.
I like your humour, only your advice to test on an M1 opener I would add that on ticks should also be tested.

Roman.:

It's the same as Vlad's original suggestion - see the 1st post in the "villagers are out hunting" thread - there ILAN is an averager here (18). The 1st post in the "Villagers are out hunting" thread - there ILAN is an averager, here (18) he is an over-hunter... :-) Also - both there and here the soviets are trading both ways.
Here too, the averaging takes place on every bar, until the indicator signal changes, after which the profit is fixed, and the loss is overwritten, if by your definition, sometimes, even in most cases, there is no need to overwrite - all orders are closed in profit.

khorosh:
This is my practice of combining two hedging strategies in one EA. Only the orders of each strategy have its own magik.
Could you please explain how to do it practically? I.e. change the magics? Would you change Magik from 123 to 124 in the EA settings?

khorosh:
It all depends on how long we wait and what kind of drawdown this leads to. For example, if you have to wait a month for a position to be in profit, what is the point in waiting that long? It is better to take a loss and make more money during that time than the taken loss.
I tried to set SL = 1000 in the Strategy Tester but it is still better without SL in my case.

yosuf:
Can you explain how to do this practically? I.e. change the magics? In the EA settings, change the Magik from 123 to 124?
It is better to change the Magik in the code, because parameters in the settings can sometimes be reset to the default values, i.e. the values prescribed in the code.

khorosh:
It is better to change the magik in the code, as the settings in the settings can sometimes be reset to the default value, i.e. the values prescribed in the code.
Got it, thanks. Is it enough to change the magician in one place to change both EA's and orders' magics?

yosuf:
Got it, thanks. Is it enough to change the magik in one place and the magiks of both EA and orders will change?
Yes, if you change the magic in an external variable, they will change wherever they are used in the EA code.

yosuf:
When will MT5s be introduced? Why does everyone fear them like fire? Because they take away the spread in any case. Apparently, they have the same purpose: to put sticks in traders' wheels. What if they shift the ratio from 5/95 to 10/90?

Will Alpari be able to take thousands of your orders to the interbank? And whose money will go into your pocket?

Read the section on

The myth of the kitchen, or a bit about the technology of brokerage firms

http://www.alpari.ru/ru/school/articles/mif/

I don't know what to do with them, but I'm sure they are. In the first place, everyone knows that all brokerage companies are kitchens, and what difference does it make to you if they withdraw money to interbank or not, if only they pay out profits and do not interfere with trading. If you want to get an Mt4 or Mt5, you have to have a brokerage company that offers direct access to liquidity and you can even get your orders in a tumbler. If you want mt4, there are still orginizations like alpari-broker, trading through the St. Petersburg Stock Exchange, futures on currencies (for this case they even have a license from the FSFM, and this is serious). If you have a working trading idea, you can always find a place to put it.