[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 522

Hello. Is it possible to receive an indicator value on a non-standard timeframe, by passing any number of minutes in the second parameter of the function, for example iRSI(NULL, 300, .....) - for the H5 timeframe? I can create a H5 chart with the Perio_Converter_Opt.ex4 indicator and by dragging the EA on it, I can get the values of the indicator, without specifying the second parameter (the parameter is zero). But how do I test the Expert Advisor in the Strategy Tester on a period H5?

Roll:

Already corrected, look for earlier :

Sorry, didn't notice.

THANK YOU!

Please follow you -- "My first indicator" (on your own).

Roll:
My First Indicator (by myself).

It worked!

I am now aiming to write an EA for this indicator (I will experiment with different variants, I have some ideas which I would like to check on the history)

I have some ideas I would like to test on historical data.

Thank you very much for your fast replies.)

No, I don't. You are a pioneer.
A similar problem can be solved as part of an EA, using trend lines as segments or rays.

Roll:

No, I don't. You are a pioneer.
A similar problem can be solved as part of an EA, using trend lines as segments or rays.

Why trend lines?

Good afternoon! Can you tell me why I can't draw arrows in the tester in any way? Example

bool napravlenieCCI=false;
 if( CCI_50S<100&&CCI_50>100 ||CCI_50S<0&&CCI_50>0|| CCI_50S<-100&&CCI_50>-100  )napravlenieCCI=true;
  if(napravlenieCCI){  string strela = DoubleToStr(Time[0], 0); 
  ObjectCreate(strela, OBJ_ARROW, 0, iTime(NULL,0,0),iHigh(NULL,0,0)+0.0004); 
  ObjectSet(strela, OBJPROP_ARROWCODE, 242);
ObjectSet(strela, OBJPROP_COLOR , Red);}
I can't see any arrows.

Hello, Victor Ivanovich!

Is something unclear?
Pay attention to "can", i.e. the proposed solution, in which the objects will be used - is it unclear to you?
Or the choice of these objects?

You can do without any indication, using working (conditional) levels. I think it's easier with trend lines than with "rectangle", ellipse(s) or phi levels. Horizontal lines"block the bars".

Your suggestion?

The textbook saysthe following aboutthe #include directive:

" The #include directive can be specified anywhere in the program, but usually all inclusions are placed at the beginning of the source code file. The preprocessor replaces the #include <file_name> line (or the #include "file_name" line) with the contents of the file with the specified name.

Angle brackets indicate that the file will be taken from the standard catalogueCatalog_terminal\experts\include(the current catalogue is not visible). If the file name is enclosed in inverted commas, the search is performed in the current directory, namely the one containing the main source file(the standard directory is not browsed)."

I take it that if brackets are angular, then on let initially does not read from brackets, does not even try, but immediately refers to directoryDirectory_terminal\experts\include, right?

And if the quotes, it will immediately look for the path in parentheses without trying to accesscatalog_terminal_directory\experts\include at once. I. e. you can write any folder of any partition, for example E:³ folder_1³ folder_2³ folder_N³ etc. In this case, to read this file you need to use inverted commas, otherwise program will not read it. Because in first case program will read only standard directory. Am I reading it right?

Roll:

Hello Victor Ivanovich!

Is something unclear?
Note the "may", i.e. the solution variant, in which the objects will be used, is it unclear to you?
Or the choice of these objects?

You can do without any indication using working (conditional) levels. I think it's easier with trend lines than with "rectangle", ellipse (Mi) or phi levels. Horizontal lines "block the bars".

Your suggestion?

double h=High[iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,Quant_Bars ,1)];
double l=Low[iLowest( NULL,0,MODE_LOW,Quant_Bars,1)];

Count the levels. Then it is a matter of technique.

It's better not to use objects in the tester (especially during optimization)