[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 486

Vinin:

We should also add a check for EMPTY_VALUE
I'm sorry,EMPTY_VALUE, notEMPTY

Experto:

Ah, no! Both buffers are filled with214783647 on every tick, whether there is an arrow or not.

Is this normal at all?

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/constants/special

kostikk:

Afternoon,
I am making an EA that after an opening moves the stop to breakeven. That is it modifies the order, but the problem is that it constantly modifies what looks like a trailing stop. How to make it modify once and then only once. I even inserted a variable in the code, mod1=1 but then mod1 has to be bigger, but the language doesn't notice it.

Thank you!

while(true)
{
if (tip==0 && open_b==true && mod1<=1 && Bid>ma+15*Point)
{
Alert("popitkaa perenesti stop v b/u" ,ticket);
RefreshRates();
modify=OrderModify(ticket,Ask,Bid-mod*Point,0,0);
if(modify==true)
{
Alert("zakrit modificirovanij order",ticket);
mod1++;
return;
}
return;
}
if (tip==1 && open_s==true && mod1<=1 && Bid<ma+15*Point)
{
Alert("popitkaa perenesti stop ",ticket, "v b/u");
RefreshRates();
modify=OrderModify(ticket,Bid,Ask+mod*Point,0,0);
if(modify==true)
{
Alert("zakrit modificirovanij order",ticket);
mod1++;
return;
}
return;
}
break;
}

Thank you for not helping, I had to think about it myself, maybe it's for the best. I just needed to bring the variable to the global level.

Now the question is this:
Some programming languages have function like "tracking program code", you press F7 and some line of code is shown, when you press F7 again you get another line, it's very useful when you get confused and can see if the language is reading the same line of code or not. Does mql have such a feature?

Last question, how to make the quality of modelling be high, when I test on 5 minutes the quality is 87-89%, when I take the same EA on a watchmaker it is 34% modelling. How to increase the modelling ? and is it possible to trust the 34% modelling ?

Thank you

Dear Experts. Can you please advise on what indicators are required to adequately assess the performance of an Expert Advisor with its trading history on a certain account? I am referring to the overall statistics, not the consideration of each individual order. I need the formulas for calculation. Maybe there are some articles on this subject.

I am not sure of the correctness of these calculations. Thank you.

dma:

Dear Experts. Can you please advise on what indicators are required to adequately assess the performance of an Expert Advisor with its trading history on a certain account? I am referring to the overall statistics, not the consideration of each individual order. I need the formulas for calculation. Maybe there are some articles on this subject.

I am not sure of the correctness of these calculations. Thank you.

Strategy Tester, try or open a demo account and let the Expert Advisor trade on its own with virtual money, but using real quotes. True, the first option will greatly reduce the time for statistics

kostikk:

Try a strategy tester or open a demo account and let the Expert Advisor trade on its own with virtual money, but with real quotes. But the first variant will considerably decrease the time for statistics.
Why do I need a tester? I already have the trading history of this EA. I just need to adequately estimate it.

dma:
Why do I need a tester? I already have a trading history on this EA. I just need to adequately evaluate it.

Will this work for you?

Vinin:

You'll be fine with this.
Thank you! It's very helpful.

Good day all, advise how to check how the last order was closed, with stop or profit. I understand this needs to use OrdersHistoryTotal but how exactly would you suggest or give an example would be much appreciated.

Vinin:

You might want to try this one.

Thank you. I've been looking and thinking too.

Victor, do you know where else you can find training articles on MCLs by Roche?