[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 356

Skander:

I have Windows 7 and when I create an EA it is there in the terminal but not in explorer.

Does anyone know why this happens ?

Because it's in C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming.... somewhere in there. In general, when the terminal does not have enough permissions, or it is installed on the C drive, which is basically the same, it saves EAs somewhere in this folder, not in MetaTrader 4\experts

artmedia70:
Output your alert without conditions and see. There's no such thing as miracles. Also print the values of flags, which are responsible for alert output, in the comments

Wrote just 1 line in EA - Alert output:

int start()
  {
    Alert("Test");
    return;
  }

Put it on the tool - at least 1 alert came out...

GygaByte:

Wrote just 1 line in EA - Alert output:

Putted on the tool - at least 1 alert came out...

Are the ticks coming?

Robot_al:

Wait, Zhunko!

Don't run away, I'm all about FileWrite( ). Tell me, isn't there some API function to remove "r\n" programmatically?

Thanks for reminding me about FileWriteString(). I'll experiment... of course it's a pity that it writes data in "string" type... I need Excel to separate the written data into columns afterwards... I'll try putting ";" between the data... maybe Excel will understand them as separators.

If you need it to continue writing the string (MQL4 limits it to 63 cells), you can shift file pointer 2 bytes back and keep on writing FileWrite( ). Just don't forget to put cell separator instead of line break.

There are such WinAPI functions to override the file without line break, they will trim the file where needed. But should this be done?

Zhunko:

If you need to continue writing the string (MQL4 limits it to 63 cells), you can shift the file pointer by 2 bytes and continue writing FileWrite( ). Just remember to put cell separator instead of line break.

To file override without line break, there are such WinAPI functions, which will trim a file where it should be trimmed. But should it be trimmed?

Yes, yes, yes, I need it for line continuation... as a matter of fact I don't care whether to write it with FileWrite( ) or FileWriteString(). Now I tried FileWriteString( ), it's OK... I'll do it in Excel later, distribute it by columns.

Hmmm...offset by 2 bytes? I'll try that, too. Thanks for your help. Tips are good.

Can you tell me how to trade with an EA? I installed it Ilian1.6. I tried it on a demo account to check, does it make much mistakes? So, what do we need the Expert Advisors for? How does an EA trade by itself?

trades according to a predetermined algorithm, and ellan out and never mention it again.

Thank you!
BeerGod:
trades according to a predetermined algorithm, and ellan out and never mention it again.

Which one would you recommend?

3299926:

Which one would you recommend?

Your own.