[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 327

Stells:

1. maybe we could store our balance in variables? how would we trade at 0.1 lot?

2. Or convert the balance to pips

1. it's called keeping a virtual record of your trades... at the post lot...

2. this seems to be better... On the actual trade - profit/loss count in pips...

I have not encountered anything like that.

kov:

I ask to show an open source indicator that is able to draw any functions barwise from higher frames (AO and MACD)

i can't manage to write a stable algorithm. i often need to change the frame to let the indicator see the needed one on a higher frame.

Make it simpler - for example, to display MAKD hourly on a minute - multiply the periods of three parameters by 60 (number of minutes in an hour) - it is much better, more accurate (M1 is more informative), clearer and without discreteness of 60 bars.

kov:

please show me an open-source indicator that can draw barwise from higher frames (like AO or MACD).

If you want to draw over a certain timeframe, you have to open it and draw the chart with an open timeframe.

Keep the chart open and with a higher timeframe.

No, thanks, but I need a real algorithm that works.

Look in codebase for MTF prefix - there are many there too.

kov:
No, thanks, but I need an algorithm that actually works.

The MTF example is the GMACD indicator.

what is "fractality" "statistical fractality" etc.?

asc9:
What is "fractality" "statistical fractality" etc.?
Look here and here

drknn:
Look here and here.
It's closer to the subject.

drknn:
Look here and here.
It's closer to the subject.