[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 204

Guys, can you explain a couple of things: how to improve the Expert Advisor so that the trailing stop is activated, and how to correct the deal opening step?

The deal opening step is given, but the Expert Advisor does not listen to these commands for some reason. What should be the reason for that?

I know how to open the EA in the editor. What is the code and where do I paste it?

Here is a screenshot of the Expert Advisor, it shows the unclear points. For convenience, I marked 1, 2, 3, 4...

If you do not mind, quickly scribble the answers in a column by number. I'd be grateful!)

IGOR.UK:

Sorry to repeat my question. Dear forum members, I would like to ask for your help in setting up indicators on the platform and which ones should be used for trading. I would be very grateful. I am sorry, but I am a beginner in this.

Igor, there are many trading systems in the world that use various indicators with different parameters. Many of these strategies have shown some positive results in the past. But the peculiarity of open markets is that when a profitable system becomes public, the market as it were "swallows" it, and it simply can not be profitable (it follows at least from the fact that all market participants can not earn, someone has to lose anyway).

Our forum is entirely dedicated (with the exception of some selective threads) to searching for profitable systems, and when one of the participants succeeds, he usually keeps silent for the very reason mentioned above. Therefore, the answer to your question is as follows: they may, of course, recommend you such-and-such indicators with such parameters, but do not expect that you will make money on it. At least until you develop your own system.

IGOR.UK:

Sorry to repeat my question. Dear forum members, I would like to ask for your help in setting up indicators on the platform and which ones should be used for trading. I would be very grateful. I am sorry, but I am a beginner in this.

You should use the indicators that best suit the trading system you have chosen. It is better to set them to the ones that give maximum profit and minimum drawdown.

Alter197666:

Guys, can you explain a couple of things: how can I refine the Expert Advisor to include a trailing stop and how to adjust the trade opening step?

The deal opening step is given, but my Expert Advisor does not listen to these commands for some reason. What should be the reason for that?

I know how to open the EA in the editor. What is the code and where do I paste it?

Here is a screenshot of the Expert Advisor, it shows the unclear points. For convenience, I marked 1, 2, 3, 4...

If you do not mind, quickly scribble the answers in a column by number. I'd be grateful!)

An Expert Advisor is a fairly complex programme written by a programmer who speaks mql4 on the terms of reference of a trader who has a trading strategy.
If you translate your questions into the automobile language, then you are asking which lever to pull in the blue car to get to Biryulevo.
If you write it yourself, lay out the code and be specific with your questions, otherwise the answers will not give you anything.

This code snippet contains only descriptions of the variables used in the program and does not explain the logic of operation in any way.
If you don't understand the purpose of the variables, you don't need to dig any further.

alsu:

Igor, there are many trading systems in the world that use many different indicators with different parameters. Many of these strategies have shown some positive results in the past. But the peculiarity of open markets is that when a profitable system becomes public, the market as it were "swallows" it, and it simply ceases to be profitable (it follows at least from the fact that all market participants cannot earn, someone has to lose anyway).

Our forum is entirely dedicated (with the exception of some selective threads) to searching for profitable systems, and when one of the participants succeeds, he usually keeps silent for the very reason mentioned above. Therefore, the answer to your question is as follows: they may, of course, recommend you these or those indicators with such parameters, but do not expect that you will make money on it. At least until you develop your own system.

drknn:

It is better to use the indicators that are best suited to your trading system. The best settings for them are those that give maximum profit and minimum drawdown.

Please, what would you advise? For every trader has his own trading tendencies, but there is an initial setup of indicators, that every trader adjusts to his own trading system. How do I adjust RSI, envelopes, BB?

IGOR.UK:

What would you advise?
Study, study and study. (c) V.I. Lenin

IGOR.UK:

What would you advise? Every trader has its own tendency in trading, but there is an initial customization of the indicators that each trader sets according to his trading system. How do I adjust RSI, envelopes, BB?

The same way as a radio receiver is tuned to the right wave. You have to know which radio wave you are tuning to and which knob to rotate. To tune the RSI you have to change its period. Which period you need to set depends on what you want to see as a result. I do not know what envelopes and BBs are, and I do not need it.

I, for example, actually use the 150 period RSI. But I know exactly why I need this indicator and why I am happy with the 150.

The envelope is set up so that 95% of the price values fall within it. But this in itself does nothing.