[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 36

works :) thanks!!!

What leverage is set on the tester? Can it be changed? What is the optimal leverage for a deposit of 10k cents? Is 1:200 good? Or better 1:100? I will give my thanks in advance.

Guys, Help please, I am writing an MLQ4. on a HIGHT of a past candle (M15 timeframe) if this candle closed below the opening price,

(If a new candlestick breaks the previous HIGHT, the robot would open a BUY order with preset TP and SL)

The robot should also check for any open orders and not open new ones, if there are already open deals. The criterion for order closing would be TP or SL, which was set by the user.

yosuf:
What leverage is set on the tester? Can it be changed? What is the optimal leverage for a deposit of 10k cents? Is 1:200 good? Or better 1:100? I will give my thanks in advance.

Hello, from the 1st of April, yes.

How can the EA's mql code restart the terminal? Needed for action in case of error 2: common error.

yosuf:
_ What is the optimal leverage for a deposit of 10k cents? Is 1:200 good? Or better 1:100? _

Depends on the type of system. The bigger the leverage, the smaller the deposit, the better. However, you should take into account that the brokerage company may change the leverage: some do it periodically, some - change it when the deposit grows over a certain amount. Reducing leverage is an effective tool for brokerage companies. When using a martingale-like system, it is better to work with 1:200 and higher leverage, better 1:500...1:1000.

-Aleksey-:
How can the EA's mql code restart the terminal? Needed for action in case of error 2: common error.
There is no way to do it yourself. You can restart another terminal. You can also put it into the terminal service, but it has nothing to do with MQL4.

-Aleksey-:

No way, only WinAPI. There are ready-made solutions, I have s-ReConnect working, it handles "No connection" and "common error" errors with flying colours.

-Aleksey-:
How can the EA's mql code restart the terminal? _
For example:
Write a separate program in C+ or another language, which "sinks" the running MT4, and after "locking" - restarts it. The program must "pass" the folder \experts\files.
If the advisor writes a file in this folder, the presence of this file will be an indicator for the program to "lock" the MT4 and delete this indicator file.

From C+ you can "soak" anything you want. Even the whole computer.

Zhunko:
There is no way to restart yourself. You can restart another terminal. You can also put it into the terminal service, but it has nothing to do with MQL4.
What about *.bat or *.exe, which will close and then restart by a call from the Expert Advisor?