Econometrics: bibliography - page 4

faa1947:
The model is defined by the statistical characteristics of the quotient, not by the chair on which the trader sits.

funny

The model for which two US scientists won a Nobel Prize in 2011 was developed for macroeconomic research. And the tool used to build the model is something else entirely.

And it's not the model that determines the statistical characteristics of the quotient, but the statistical characteristics of the quotient that determine the tools and methods, on the basis of which the models are built.

And the chair on which the trader sits determines the shape of his or her ass

faa1947:
Second link...
This one take a look, the whole no.

Silent:
Look at this one, all of them.

Yay! She: Handbook of economic forecasting .

That's brilliant. Thank you!

faa1947:

Yay! She: Handbook of economic forecasting.

That's brilliant. Thank you! (Laughs)

All righty then.

Demi:

completely misunderstood - this model is designed for macroeconomic research. It is of interest, for example, to the central bank, not to the trader

Yeah. The central bank, the IMF, and all the others who drove the developed economies into today's asshole. All macroeconomic models only work in a calm situation, because they are calm market models. They have nothing to do with the reality of force majeure. And that is exactly why they don't work, not just because the parameters are floating.

The analogy with forex, by the way, is not such a stretch. It's just that we perceive time scales differently, and in fact - both GDP of the world countries and Eurodollar on the minutes all obey the same laws, which are based on the principle "eat a piece of someone else's pie, or die".

Regarding the practical use of models in macroeconomics - find at least one example where some mathematical model has led someone's economy out of crisis. Or when the IMF's science-based reforms have yielded positive results. In fact, we are all propelled forward by innovative ideas, qualitative leaps in social consciousness, etc., i.e. the same force majors, which, unlike subsequent inertia, do not fit into any kind of autoregression.

Demi:
the point is definitely not - don't make the Bank of Sweden look like a bunch of idiots
I don't see them as a bunch of idiots, I see them as a bunch of people doing economics, science, in which 99% is "water" and unprovable babble. But for the remaining 1% it is certainly needed, otherwise we will all just starve to death.

alsu:

In fact, we are all driven forward by innovative ideas, qualitative leaps in social consciousness, etc.

Very well said, I agree with you 100 per cent!

alsu:

Yep. to the central bank, the IMF, and all the others who drove the developed economies into today's arsehole. All macroeconomic models only work in a calm situation, because they are calm market models. They have nothing to do with the reality of force majeure. And that is exactly why they don't work, but only because the parameters are floating.

The analogy with forex, by the way, is not such a stretch. It's just that we perceive time scales differently, and in fact - whether the GDP of the world, or the Eurodollar on the minutes, all obey the same laws, which are based on the principle "eat a piece of someone else's pie, or die".

Regarding the practical use of models in macroeconomics - find at least one example where some mathematical model has led someone's economy out of crisis. Or when the IMF's science-based reforms have yielded positive results. In fact, we are all propelled forward by innovative ideas, qualitative leaps in social consciousness, etc., i.e. the same force majors, which, unlike subsequent inertia, do not fit into any kind of autoregression.

It's hard to even comment on this - it's all piled up and jumbled together.

1. The tale of the evil and insidious Central Banks, the IMF and the like "driving" everyone into crisis is an interesting one. But, unfortunately, crises are a normal and periodic phenomenon in the global market economy. They come before, during and after the IMF.

2. "All macroeconomic models only work in a calm situation, because they are calm market models" - I don't know what a "calm situation" is. The macro models I know always work. What parameters float in them? Where do they float to?

3. " TheGDP of the countries of the world that the Eurodollar on the minutes all obey the same laws, which are based on the principle "eat a piece of someone else's pie or die"." - the gross domestic product of a state "eat a piece of someone else's pie or die"?????

4. The IMF is not taking anyone out or introducing anyone anywhere. The IMF is lending - the bank for the states.

alsu:

Regarding the practical use of models in macroeconomics - find at least one example where some mathematical model has led someone's economy out of crisis.

Well that's just nonsense - all economic theory. For example, Keynes' macroeconomic model led half the world out of crisis.

By the way, Keynes also made his own fortune using his model

In short, learn econometrics rather than world conspiracy theories.

The days when a cook could run a state are over