Martin plus loci - page 9

OnGoing:

Have you seen the "graph of this system"? )

I haven't seen this particular system, but I have seen a similar one in principle, with "additions".

Svinotavr:

For lovers of locking (hedging) and martingale: :)

If anything, here is a similar one (as always written between the lines) https://forum.mql4.com/ru/8269

The essence of both is calculation and prediction (not by time) of volatility, and dependence between intra-price moves at different timeframes.

>

Goodbye, everyone. In our Tilimitryamdia, the spring is dragging on and the madness is getting stronger.

Below is a chart and trade report of the Expert Advisor using the suggested martin. However, possible drawdowns can be stressful. According to Darwin's classification, yours truly belongs to the group of upright males, and I do understand that sooner or later the price will draw a caca pattern on the chart, and the EA will go bust. The question is simple, how to reduce the drawdown period. For example, when we get in the loss area, we capture the loss on the 4th flip, wait three or four days, and open with the next signal with the 4th lot.

Files:
martin_v4.zip  331 kb

ivandurak:

Goodbye, everyone. In our Tilimitryamdia, the spring is dragging on and the madness is getting stronger.

Below is a chart and trade report of the Expert Advisor using the suggested martin. However, possible drawdowns can be stressful. According to Darwin's classification, yours truly belongs to the group of upright males, and I do understand that sooner or later the price will draw a caca pattern on the chart, and the EA will go bust. The question is simple, how to reduce the drawdown period. For example, when we get in the loss area, we capture the loss on the 4th flip, wait three or four days, and open with the next signal with the 4th lot.

I would like to pay attention to this indicator:

Maximum drawdown by funds: 26 041.60 (83.76%)

And then this one:

Initial deposit: 3,000.00

To avoid misleading Yourself and Others, conduct the test by increasing the lot in proportion to means.

MaxZ:

I would like to draw attention to this indicator here:

Maximum drawdown in funds: 26 041.60 (83.76%)

And then this one:

Initial deposit: 3 000.00

In order not to mislead yourself and others, do the test, increasing the lot in proportion to the funds.

There seems to be a bug in the tester, I will look into it. The report adds a deposit to the maximum drawdown to open the next position.

ivandurak:

Below is a chart and trade report of the Expert Advisor using the suggested martin. However, possible drawdowns can be stressful. According to Darwin's classification, yours truly belongs to the group of upright males, and I do understand that sooner or later the price will draw a caca pattern on the chart, and the EA will go bust . The question is simple, how to reduce the drawdown period. For example, when we get in the loss area, we capture the loss on the 4th flip, wait three or four days, and open with the next signal with the 4th lot.

Reminds me of Ilan's graph

Svinotavr:

For lovers of locking (hedging) and martingale: :)

Sleater )))) Although if you do a little reverse and refine it - you get a win-win strategy with low risks )))). The only sensible idea in the whole video - the use of positively correlated pairs)))

ivandurak:
There seems to be a bug in the tester, I will look into it.

There is no bug in the tester. The balance increases, but the lot does not... Clearly, with the same lot 10,000 is already more difficult to drain than the initial 3,000. But this is a delusion!!! Because if you run the test starting from a different date, the loss is guaranteed. You just need to catch an unfavourable date! :)) Just run this same Expert Advisor with the same parameters from the beginning of 2008, as well as 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012... It will fail! And the balance chart in the report is also a delusion, because we cannot see what happens with equity!

ivandurak:
The report adds a deposit to the maximum drawdown to open the next position.

And this is absurd at all... Where does this data come from?

And about:

ivandurak:

For example, having hit the loss zone we fix the loss on the 4th flip, we wait three or four days and open on the next signal with the 4th lot.

There is no guarantee that you will win back what you lost... Again, hit an unfavourable date and you're screwed... You have to see the market. The market is not a toy to brazenly open with a huge lot and try to win back what you stole...

artikul:
Slinger )))) Although if you do the opposite and refine it a bit - you get a win-win strategy with low risks )))) The only sensible idea in the whole video - the use of positively correlated pairs)))
The answer is the euro pound.

MaxZ:

There is no bug in the tester. The balance increases, but the lot does not... Clearly, with the same lot 10,000 is already more difficult to drain than the initial 3,000. But this is a delusion!!! Because if you run the test starting from a different date, the loss is guaranteed. You just need to catch an unfavourable date! :)) Just run this same Expert Advisor with the same parameters from the beginning of 2008, as well as 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012... It will fail! And the balance chart in the report is also a delusion, because we cannot see what happens with equity!

And that's absurd at all... Where does this data come from?

And about:

There's no guarantee that you'll win back what you've lost... Once again, you hit an unfavourable date and you're screwed... You have to see the market. The market is not a toy, so you can open with a huge lot and try to win back what you stole...

The Expert Advisor is written in A, so there should not be any tricks with net gross positions in principle, everything is as in life. I will have to look into it to make sure I am not wrong. The Expert Advisor was optimized on the period from 01.01.2010-01.06.2010 was tested on the period from 2007.01.01 till today, so almost everything that was presented was a forward position with a small backlog in the middle. The fact that sooner or later will be caca I know, I also know that it should not work in principle, but the fact is that there are 4000 deals mainly of forward, we should analyze them.