For the consideration of professionals. - page 4

Integer:

It shows whether the deposit will be enough in case of the most unfortunate set of circumstances (the Expert Advisor was launched at the moment indicated by the green line).

It is not clear from your picture at what point the maximum drawdown occurred. If it happened when the order was open and then the drawdown returned to zero, then according to your logic it was the most unlucky set of circumstances, although common sense says that there was no risk to the deposit at all because in this case the equity drawdown has not affected the deposit in any way.

This was just missed profit, not the risk of the deposit. And these are completely different things which are piled into one pile in the tester.

Andrei01:

In your picture it is not clear at what point the maximum drawdown occurred, if it happened with an open order and then the drawdown returned to zero, then according to your logic it was the most unfortunate set of circumstances, although common sense says there was no risk to the deposit at all because in this case equity drawdown did not affect the deposit in any way.

It was only a lost profit but not the risk of a deposit. These are completely different things that are piled into one pile in the tester.

If you have a problem with understanding - see a doctor, you know which one. If you have trouble understanding it, you should first study the topic on which you are trying to argue, first learn what the drawdown is. There are a lot of smart guys around, and some testers get it wrong... Some villagers only get it right.

The problem is a real one, the tester has lost, but in the real world it would have held up, which is of course a significant indicator for choosing an expert for the real world. I think some people have nothing better to do than to suffer from this kind of crap.

Andrei01:
Sorry about the minimum drawdown, that was a typo. I corrected the post. And why it makes no sense to calculate the maximum equity drop on an open order in free flight?

If you find this indicator useful, go ahead and calculate it, nobody is stopping you from doing so.

Integer:
If I wanted to know the real drawdown, I would have looked at it and then I would have copied the real drawdown. I think some people have nothing better to do than to suffer from such bullshit.

The problem is not that adequate people suddenly want to know the real deposit drawdown, they look at it... and not at any other meaningless drawdowns.

If I try to do this, I'll try to analyze the drawdown of the deposit and the amount of losses when the deposit is depleted. ))

Andrei01:

I don't have a problem, it's just that adequate people suddenly want to know the real drawdown of the deposit, they look at it... and not at all other meaningless drawdowns.

For example, if you're a beginner, you may want to know the real drawdown, but you don't have to do anything about it and it's better to use it correctly. ))

Look at the title of this thread. I'm not a professional programmer asked the professionals for clarification. Do you consider yourself a professional? Judging by your profile you are not. So what are you doing in this thread? Do you want to teach the wisdom of professionals?

Andrei01:

It's not a problem, it's just that adequate people suddenly want to know the real drawdown of the deposit, they look at it... and not at any other meaningless drawdowns.

You may also miss a good thing if it does not calculate the deposit drawdown correctly but it may not be a big problem for some people - they may just invent something else out of necessity as long as everything complies with the tester's requirements. ))

It's not that pointless, with a margin and all.

What good is this thing if it has "mistakenly" rejected because of the profit of one order (moreover, the profit is less than the planned one from one order).

khorosh:
It's all about maximum drawdown.
You're talking about the drawdown of what? There is equity drawdown, balance sheet drawdown, deposit drawdown, building foundation drawdown...

Andrei01:
Talking about drawdown of what? There is equity drawdown, balance sheet drawdown, deposit drawdown, building foundation drawdown...
Those who know MQL4 code do not have such questions. Learn this language and they won't arise.

Andrei01:
Talking about drawdown of what? There is equity drawdown, balance sheet drawdown, deposit drawdown, building foundation drawdown...

The subject was equity drawdown. Deposit drawdown also occurs, of course - you can take a deposit and draw it down...