Pirat! How do you get this "grail" to be profitable? And most importantly WHERE? - page 6

Spread 1.5 MoD -2 . Pirate's MO is around 2.

impalor:

Are you working on minutes? Have you optimised on the tester for minutes as well? How did you choose these parameters?

TheXpert:
I've had worse results than a drain on the spread.

I will try to optimise for 13 pips spread (1.3). I think it will be enough for my DC.

TheXpert:
Spread is 1.5 MoD -2 . Pirate's MO is around 2.

Unfortunately, the spread ruins most short-term systems.

Practically sentences systems with targets of less than 10 and four digit pips.

paukas:

Vladimir, it's clear, you have short-term entries with high return expectations and small stops.

If your strategy works, it doesn't mean that the others don't work. Don't you agree?

paukas: Practically condemns systems with less than 10 and four-digit pips targets.

10 pips was the average deal of Better, the 2007 ATC winner. True, an average trade is far from being an average trade target :)

But 10 pips as a "doomed" target is probably too categorical. I would limit it to 5-6 pips (3-4 spreads on oira).

TheXpert:

Vladimir, it's clear, you have short-term entries with high return expectations and small stops.

If your strategy works, it doesn't mean that the others don't work. Don't you agree?

It's not for the good life :)) Absolutely agree, I'd be very happy if it works for anyone.

I think the critical condition is the size of the minimum allowable stop at the broker. It is better to use the one with 0.

Of course the spread would be smaller, from 0.2 to 2.0 on average 1.2-1.8. Then it should work. I myself am testing a system with the 0.5 pips spread. Hmm, never before have I thought about how important STOPLEVEL is for the result! Probably even more important than SPREAD.

There is one more great annoyance that is not taken into account: maximum permissible frequency of modification of an open market order.

Just a couple of days ago I ran one scalper on a real account and it started losing money.

I found out from the broker that it's allowed to modify no more than once every 3 seconds. This would kill almost any piper.

impalor:

In addition, I made myself a trigger for a market movement of more than 0.2% in 120 seconds

What is the market movement over what period? How do you calculate the percentage?