Pirat! How do you get this "grail" to be profitable? And most importantly WHERE? - page 5

impalor:
haha. believe it!!! i am very sceptical about any kind of trading after a 15 year career in investment banks ))
share the experience

I get it. The tester is cheating. Then what is the Expert Advisor on the Championship? What secret did the author of this EA use to make his brainchild work for the championship?

EvgeTrofi:
I get it. The tester is cheating. Then what is the Expert Advisor on the Championship? What secret did the author of this EA use to make his brainchild work for the Championship?
Just ask. As a participant, post a part of your code to make it convincing, as it will be harder to get away with it.

I'm afraid my 147th place won't impress his ninth. :)

The system does not work that way, the description says to use RSI indicators, i.e. i assume there should be at least 2 indicators + CCI, trailing stop, as soon as the loss is minimal, i tighten the trailing stop, take profit is for show

As for the Tester, I have not got to the code yet.

as i understand, it is a hairpin detection system and i should understand what kind of spikes to filter out.

The description includes 4 filters:

-by opening time

-volatility

-trend

-noise

the time can be understood in any way: day/night work or by sessions

volatility, trend and noise is not quite clear for me, on a period of M1, where a movement of 10 pips (4 signs) may be both trend and noise, depending on the time

we need to understand the implications of these filters, but first clearly define what each of them means.

EvgeTrofi:
I'm afraid my 147th place won't impress his ninth. :)
Don't feel bad, there's a lot of people here who didn't even make the list. And you're on the same team with him no matter what. No kidding. It's a psychological thing.

to Evgeny, my version of the Pirate Expert Advisor seems to be working, both on the mql server and on the RoboForex server. so far only three days and on demo accounts. trading time and results are similar to the Championship ones, although on the mql server the income is higher (spread is slightly narrower and ticks are slightly "smoother"). i'm planning to deposit 400 quid on my account tomorrow, get 30% bonus and buy an EA with 0.01 lot minimum (for free VPS the balance should be at least 500). i'll report the results in a month.

by the way... By the way, the results of the filters I did not find with Pirate. Both his and my EA triggered if RSI 24 > 70 and simultaneously CCi 60 > 250 (and respectively <30 and -250). When position opens, stopper is set at 45 - like with Pirate. If P&L turn profit, I reduce distance to minimum 20.

for example in early 2000's I was with Deutsche Bank NY where I invented an optimizer for synthetic CDO and CDO squared (and even cube). Each such deal made 10-20 P&L in our department. I started to write a book about it, but my girlfriend reacted very negatively to it and discouraged me...

EvgeTrofi:

I've had worse results than a drain on the spread.

"Worse" is the drain on the half-spread?