Pirat! How do you get this "grail" to be profitable? And most importantly WHERE? - page 4

Stells:

The way I solved the spread problem is this:

I put spread control,

If the spread exceeds a certain value, the trade is not opened.

How is it working in the real world? Is it working? I have some control over the spread in my code. But apparently it's not enough.

You can try reducing the parameter AccumulateSpreadCells.

Bicus:
I've been running the test since 2005.

I haven't dug that deep (I mean old) :)

sammi61:

It doesn't open at all, I can't even put it on the chart, maybe I should fix something in the code, please explain in more detail, or if there is a corrected version, post it, I am not good at software.

I can't be sure you have not compiled it. Try it this way:
Files:

In order to test as close to reality as possible (because real ticks sometimes come in batches) you need to record your broker's tick history (including Bid and Ask prices).

Then use the http://eareview.net/tick-data method as already advised to test with changing spreads.

EvgeTrofi:
How do you do it? Can I have more details please?
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/119830

Hi all. Funny discussion, and a great site in general. I also wrote myself a grail like Pirate's last week, optimized it and introduced lots control. I also almost fell off my chair, when my initial $10 in the tester grew to several millions in any 24 hours! ))) But I've never tried to trade on the real account, but I've tried a demo account from RoboForex.com with floating spread. I had to use the same parameters on my real account. After I've read the description of the tester, I understood why. The problem is in the tick generation within one-minute intervals - in the tester they are too predictable, and the optimizer selects stop losses in order to profit from them.) In reality, ticks move chaotically, and after a strong breakout, to which the scalper reacts, they do not allow him or her to make profit quickly on the rebound. It is necessary to scrupulously save all ticks into a file, and then somehow feed them to the tester for optimization... Or, you may run it in parallel on several demo accounts with different parameters, and observe...

impalor:

You should meticulously record all ticks into a file, and then somehow feed them to the tester for optimization... Or you can run it in parallel on several demo accounts with different parameters and observe...

You probably will not believe it, but many traders have already experienced this. Earlier one could easily feed the tester with a test sequence of his own. Unfortunately it doesn't give you anything at all....

Figar0:

You probably won't believe this, but a lot of people here have been through this before. You used to be able to slip the tester your test sequence without any problem. It doesn't really do anything, unfortunately....
i'm very skeptical of any kind of trading after a 15 year career in investment banking ))

impalor:
i'm very skeptical about any kind of trading after a 15 year career in the investment banks ))

I'm not sceptical about any kind of trading, but you really can't get much out of ticks, especially in forex...)