Pirat! How do you get this "grail" to be profitable? And most importantly WHERE? - page 2

And then screw in a martin.

Why bet on futures? It's not the instrument that's the problem at all, it's the approach to trading with floating spreads, I believe. If anyone has faced with such a situation - speak out!

The 6 points may be a commission, but what about the rest? (see file)

Files:

ULAD:

and you want to overtake him?

Where are your ideas?

There is no point in overtaking anyone. I just want to make a profit.

All I took from Pirate's strategy were the signals he wrote in his trading system description. It's just a detail of my design. It is like a person who invented the wheel, and nowadays this wheel is used in many sophisticated mechanisms. So the inheritance of ideas is the usual development of scientific and technological progress. But you are taking me to lyrics. I would like to hear something like "you should not use trawl in such systems", or "you should not use pipsing", or "you should not trade with targets smaller than n-points" and so on.

What comments would you make on this trading methodology? Here's what's important to me.

Deleted what I could. There is a post with the villagers, but there is some constructive stuff there.

Mathemat:
Deleted what I could. There is a post with the villagers, but there is some constructive stuff there.
Thank you very much!

EvgeTrofi:

There is no point in overtaking anyone. I just want to make a profit.

All I took from Pirate's strategy were the signals he wrote in his trading system description. It's just a detail of my design. It is just like some man invented the wheel, and in modern times that wheel is used in many complex mechanisms. So the inheritance of ideas is the usual development of scientific and technological progress. But you are taking me to lyrics. I would like to hear something like "you should not use trawl in such systems", or "you should not use pipsing", or "you should not trade with targets smaller than n-points" and so on.

What comments would you say about this trading methodology? Here's what's important to me.

I guess the goals have to be bigger for the commission to pay off.

In general, the tester must take the commission into account.

DDD06:
In general, the tester should take into account the commission.

However, this is not the case.

And with a floating spread, the tester does a terrible job. If the spread was 5 points when we pressed the "Start" button, the test will be carried out with the same spread over the entire history and the results will be the same. And if we manage to wait until the spread is 8 points, the testing results will be quite different. Well, we should make it possible to set this parameter forcefully. If that is the case. Why should we deceive the public?

If we test on a five-digit symbol with a dollar deposit with a fixed lot 1.00, then the profit in dollars for EURUSD will be equal to the number of points gained. I made such a test on the first page of this thread. To get the real picture from this test, we should divide the obtained profit by the number of trades. Let's obtain the mathematical expectation or the average profit in pips per 1 trade. Then we subtract 6 points of commission from the received number and give another 6-8 points for the floating spread. After that the strategy becomes unprofitable.

Welcome to reality, gentlemen!

EvgeTrofi:

However, it is not so.

And the tester does a terrible job with floating spreads. If the spread was 5 points when you press the "Start" button, the test will be carried out with the same spread over the entire history and the results will be the same. And if we manage to wait until the spread is 8 points, the testing results will be quite different. Well, we should make it possible to set this parameter forcibly. If that is the case. Why should we deceive the public?

Disconnect from the server, set yourself any spread and test it to your heart's content.

EvgeTrofi: Then we subtract 6 points of commission from the obtained number and subtract another 6-8 points for the floating spread.

You have clearly overdone it. Here are the trading conditions for EURUSD on NDD. On average you get about 1 pip of spread + 0.3 pip of commission ($3 per lot), i.e. 1.3 pips.

Of course, at lower liquidity (news) the spread increases greatly. But the commission remains the same.