Is there a way to add additional optimization algorithms?

So far it looks like you can customize just about every aspect associated with automated trading. Except for the optimization algorithms used when optimizing a given strategy.

So for instance if I had a specific type of GA or maybe a different stochastic optimization technique I want to use.  

While the algorithms currently available are good I would like to use something else but don't see any hints at how that might be possible. 

Alternatively if there is a way to start, run a back-test with a given set of parameters then output the results to a file or something, that would be perfectly acceptable.

Another reason I am hoping for a way to hook into the optimization or back testing process is possible GPU acceleration. 

I noticed that if the optimizer wants to go beyond the default 10k tests it does so, I have even seen it optimize as high as 17k tests and change, as long as it's making advances it will keep going.  However with that said I would love to see it have a ceiling that can be set, instead of 10k initial results it would be nice to set it to any number we want. 

firestrand:

So far it looks like you can customize just about every aspect associated with automated trading. Except for the optimization algorithms used when optimizing a given strategy.

So for instance if I had a specific type of GA or maybe a different stochastic optimization technique I want to use.  

While the algorithms currently available are good I would like to use something else but don't see any hints at how that might be possible. 

You mean this Working with Optimization Results ?