Econometrics: one step ahead forecast - page 85

yosuf:
This is the second time you've said "we've arrived", so make up your mind, smoothing in no way fits the concept of a trend as we understand it.
I was like everyone else and thought trend was a straight line. And then I wondered why a straight line and not a curve? And I quickly found out that a huge number of people say it is a curve. Immediately a lot of problems disappeared. Because we are interested in the direction of the trend on the last bar, and what happened 200 bars ago - doesn't matter. So long live the curve!

faa1947:
I prefer the term "smoothing" rather than "trend". Anyway, smoothing has an analytical form and is easily extrapolated

Traders don't care what the econometric sect likes. Brokers don't pay for smoothing because it is lagged, i.e. yesterday's day. And averaging leads to deep equity drawdowns.

If you will pay out of your pocket for the smoothed data forecasts or at least compensate for the losses, then we would like that too.

Reshetov:

Traders don't care what the econometric sect likes. Brokers don't pay for smoothing because it is lagged, i.e. yesterday's day. And averaging leads to deep equity drawdowns.

If you will pay out of pocket for smoothed data forecasts or at least reimburse losses, then we would like that too.

Reshetov, read what I write for once, look at my model - its meaning is available even to you.

For others who read this thread.

The main thing is the following: when decomposing a quote into components, no matter with the help of indicators, regressions, VS or in any other way, we must be able to return to the basic quote, i.e. if we add all that we have decomposed it into, we must obtain the basic quote. Not a pip of data should be lost. How to achieve this in TA I don't know. How to achieve it in regression I have shown in the branch.

faa1947:
I was like everyone else and thought of the trend as a straight line. And then I wondered why a straight line and not a curve? And I quickly found out that a huge number of people say it is a curve. Immediately a lot of problems disappeared. Because we are interested in the direction of the trend on the last bar, and what happened 200 bars ago - doesn't matter. So long live the curve!
The trend is inextricably related to the hindsight on which it is determined, it is the prevailing price direction in the selected volume of historical data sampling, and whether it was straight or curved does not matter, because the straight is a special case of the curve. And I insist to take as the basis of the trend line the Gamma function, which in a particular case can easily turn into a straight line, and when necessary, it turns into a curve, up to a sine, as I have already noted.

yosuf:
insist on adopting the Gamma function
Yep, gamma again. Well, so write down your function in terms of EViews. I will use it instead of HP and refer to you everywhere. If you need to repeat its look, I will.

faa1947:

Reshetov, read for once what I write, look at my model - its meaning is available even to you.

For the rest of you who are reading this thread.

The main thing is the following: when decomposing a quote into its components, no matter with the help of indicators, regressions, NS or any other method, we should be able to return to the initial quote, i.e. if we add all that we have decomposed it into, we should get the initial quote. Not a pip of data should be lost. How to achieve this in TA I don't know. How to achieve it in regression I have shown in the branch.

You need to specify the type of functions that separately describe the components of the quotient, that's why they don't understand you, everyone is good at breaking it down into components, but it's hard to explain exactly how to break it down.

yosuf: And I insist to take Gamma-function as a basis for the trend line, which in a particular case can easily turn into a straight line, and when necessary, it turns into a curve, up to a sine, as I already noted.
Yusuf, if you need something really universal (much more universal than Gamma functions), see hypergeometric functions. But what's the point of all this?

yosuf:
You should specify the type of functions that separately describe the components of quotient, that is why you are not understood, everyone is so good at dividing into components, but it is difficult to explain this division.

Why, I have explained. I can do it again.

Let's take a quotient. While there is a trend in it, we cannot say anything about the statistics - the trend will overrun all statistics.

We select the trend by smoothing НР, take some bars НР (4) and add to it the difference between the kotir and smoothing.

Let's look at the residue of this regression. We see that the trend (ACF) remains again. Once again, like above, but for the residue from the first regression.

We look at the residue of the new, extended regression. We see that there is no ACF. Let's rejoice and look for ARCH - it is some properties of initial quotient that were not visible at the beginning. That's it.

Result: we have two smoothing + two different residues after smoothing. If we add them up we get the initial quote, not a pip loss. In addition we modeled ARCH if necessary, which is not expressed in pips, but was the initial quotient.

I have written it many times. You can see in the formula.

faa1947: The main principle is the following: when decomposing quotes into components, no matter with the help of indicators, regressions, HC or any other method, we should be able to return to the basic quote, i.e., if we add all that we have decomposed it into, we should get the basic quote. Not a pip of data should be lost. How to achieve this in TA I don't know.

Well, just because you don't know doesn't mean that others don't know. And there is no divide between TA and econometrics.

Most people, of course, just play with pictures of indicators without even knowing about the formulas of the indicators. But we seem to have people here who understand mathematics...

Mathemat:

Just because you don't know doesn't mean others don't. And there is no divide between TA and econometrics.

Most people, of course, just play with pictures of indicators without even knowing the formulas of the indicators. But there are people here who understand the maths...

Can you tell me how to account for the residual from the indicator in TA? And in general, how do you account for the residual from the TA?