Econometrics: one step ahead forecast - page 77

faa1947:
Miracles on the field of miracles, and TA is the moisture that gets watered to make the money grow
Who's watering? The Freemasons?

faa1947:
That fitting is a bad thing is the opinion of this forum. Any student around the world who has taken a course in econometrics or statistics does not think so.
Genius! Bravo! Maestro, keep it up! I think I'll even move this quote to the forum's anthology, for future generations, so to speak.

Mathemat:

We will not wait for a ban, we will not make a hero out of you.

By the way, about NS: in decent nerve packs there is quite reasonable empirical methodology to test NS for generalization ability, i.e. for prediction (stop training when minimum error is reached on verifying dataset). And for some reason I think it is more scientific than your arbitrary set of tests.

Maybe I just have a bias against NS. After all, there are TSs based on them. But all I know about the application of NS in economics is a bow on the side, nothing more. There is no NS in EViews, but NS is available in the packages I know. To me NS, like TA, has the same disadvantage - it's an art. Some have succeeded and 95% of those who come have failed. I've lectured on MTS and had some very literate students (3 semesters of econometrics, I don't know how many semesters of statistics) but without exception everyone raved about NS. They just got sick of it. Many times I asked them why I liked it. And each time I understood that for them NS is an interesting intellectual toy, for these adults of very clever and educated children. Purely subjective, m'pardon.

faa1947:
Miracles on the field of miracles, and TA is watered down to make the money grow

in fact you are doing the same TA)))

You use the same NS with 1 neuron )))) and you shit all over it...

C-4:
Brilliant! Bravo! Maestro, keep on burning! I think I'll even move this quote to the forum's anthology, for future generations, so to speak.
Sarcasm doesn't describe you very well. R-squared all over the world, except in your annals. So you put me in your local annals and I'll put you in the world's annals. You'll be more famous than me.

paukas:
Who's watering it down? The Freemasons?
Oh, come on. Getting old. Started, killed time and practically zero in response, with few exceptions.

C-4:
Brilliant! Bravo! Maestro, keep on burning! I think I'll even move this quote to the forum's anthology, for future generations, so to speak.

yeah... i liked it too... that's ok, in a couple of years you'll figure out where the fit is and where it's not....

Vizard:

in fact you're doing the same TA)))

you use the same NS with 1 neuron ))))) but you're shaming it all...

I don't think you've understood anything from what I've written.

faa1947:
Oh, come on. Getting old. Started, killed time and practically zero in response, with few exceptions.

No, you tell me, which of the TA positions is your "art"?

It's hard to spot a trend, isn't it?

paukas:

No, you tell me, which of the TA provisions is your "art"?

Is it difficult to identify a trend or what?

There is art and there is science.