[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 7: September 2011) - page 2

lotos7:
The US currency is regaining ground against the yen and the franc after the currency initially fell after the publication of a disappointing labour market report in the US. This increased speculations in the market that the Federal Reserve will have to apply stimulus measures to the economy.
The dollar ends the week with its first loss in over a month against the franc on speculation of a third round of quantitative easing policies, known as QE3.
"The data turned out to be 'couldn't be worse' and increases the likelihood that the Fed will announce QE3 in September," believes Katie Lien of GFT Forex. "The data turned out to be very weak indeed."
Thus, according to the released statistics, employment in August remained at the level of July (the lowest since September 2010), with the previous figure revised down to +85,000. Analysts' average forecast was +65,000.
Recall that at last week's Jackson Hole conference, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said that the central bank still has tools at its disposal to support the economy, without giving a date or time for their implementation.
Last year at the conference Bernanke said that the Federal Reserve "will do everything in its power" to ensure further economic recovery and that if the pace of economic slowdown, the regulatory Two months later, the Federal Reserve reported a second round of bond purchases worth $600 billion, which ended in June.
The FOMC minutes of August 09, published on August 30, showed that some members of the Committee are leaning towards using stimulus measures.

The single currency fell on Friday on renewed fears of a worsening debt crisis in the region.
Meanwhile, analysts forecast that
the German manufacturing orders report,scheduled for September 06 ,will show a 1% decline in July.

A bit of nonsense without the arrows... and the uncertainty will last with the fall until 1 October )))

And there is power in dashes .... would like to know what kind ....)))

Yay! (Laughs) It's finally working! I was beginning to think that all the servers had burned up along with the building. Turns out this branch means a lot to me, as if deprived of a very important indicator.

Do you think we will still see 1.4290 EURUSD on Monday-Tuesday? I still have a buy in there, it's a pity to close in minus.

lotos7:
..and when I closed the position...

at 1.43 I took a buy. yesterday at 42 and 4250 I bought more...

lekhach:

Do you think we will still see 1.4290 EURUSD on Monday-Tuesday? I've got some buy in there and it's a shame to close in the red.

I don't know about Monday-Tuesday, but we will see it by the end of the week for sure.

================

An interesting seasonal entry option. Those who have the futures instrument LBSX1 (Lumber) available for trading - can appreciate the possibility of long-term selling on multi-year seasonal trends! (Or a series of September short sales on price pullbacks)

With the end of the summer construction season before the end of September, demand for the underlying asset of this instrument is noticeably inferior to supply. Here is an averaged chart of the 20-year seasonal trends in LB timber:

(The current price is now at its highest peak!)

================

The Canadian chart(6C - inverse of the USDCAD currency pair) is also trending upwards in September (20 year average chart) :

what to expect from such a Friday night finish?

where do you think it will go, gentlemen?

USDCHF. Model, single zig-zag a-b-c, formed. Started building a new pattern. Thus, I see the movement at the beginning of the week. I consider that we are in correction, which will last till 22.09.11y. [Fed meeting 20.09.11 to 22.09.11]

Yes, it would be desirable to pass some more time down, it means that the dominant move is up, or maybe the price will want to remember its opening and closing - 1.1100,1.1130,yes the weekly chart also shows that the correction was down and the price went up

For currency pairs, such as EUR/FRANK, USD/FRANK, GBP/FRANK, what do you think - who is the locomotive and who are the wagons, who sets the pace?