How to minimise the size of the stop and thereby the loss - page 6

In general, there are two types of stops: opposite signal and emergency stops. It is clear that the first ones do not need to be minimised and there is no need to invent anything to calculate them. The emergency ones are quite rare, and in the majority of cases the position must be closed using different rules. Therefore the value of emergency stops directly depends on other exit rules and implicitly on the average time spent in a pose. It should not be knocked out by a stop due to normal volatility before exiting according to other rules.

Tantrik:
This is for stocks: a profit of $1,000 hence a stop (must be at resistance, low, etc.) of $100 and... after a few stops a profit and all together in profit. My understanding.

Yes...MMMM.... I take it, Igor, you (like me) don't mix beer and ayran...? :-)))

Avals:
In general, there are two types of stops: opposite signal and emergency stops. First ones are understandable to minimize and you don't have to invent something to calculate them. The emergency ones are quite rare, and the closing of the position in most cases should be done according to different rules. Therefore the value of emergency stops directly depends on other exit rules and implicitly on the average time spent in a pose. It should not be knocked out by a stop due to normal volatility before exiting according to other rules.

Yes. That's what I mean. The others - IMHO - are unnecessary.

===

The second type, of course...

Tantrik:
This is for a stock: a profit of $1,000 hence a stop (must be at resistance, low, etc.) of $100 and... after a few stops a profit and all together in profit. My understanding.

so it wasn't about sl=0.1tp, it was about choosing sl based on 10% average system profit. I.e. actually optimizing sl with the target function monthly average income=0.1tp. Apparently, if income is more, then it is fitting, but less is ok)))

Avals:

so it was not about sl=0.1tp, but about choosing sl based on 10% average monthly income for the system. I.e. in fact optimisation of sl at target function average monthly income=0.1depo. Apparently, if the income is larger, then the fit, while less is ok)))
If I've got more profit, then fine-tune it, and if I've got less, all stops are 10% of one month's total profit - that's what he said (and if I got ten stops each, then there won't be any profit). I don't use stops and profits either! (all these gadgets are for losses! And my balance comes before equity)

Tantrik:
All stops are 10% of the total profit for the month - that's what he said (and if they are ten each, there won't be any profit). I don't use stops or profits either! (All these gadgets are for losing money! And my balance is more important than equity)
Cheers!

Svinozavr:
Cheers!

Bye-bye! (and why did I come here)

Avals:

I.e. actually optimisation sl at target function average monthly income=0.1depo. Apparently, if income is higher, then the fit and less is ok)))
Yes. Only now I realised - it's a bit complicated...

I don't know what to say.

I'll just say nothing...

Svinozavr:

I don't know what to say.

I'll just say nothing...

Well, Peter - just this extreme post of mine - without sketches (didn't take long to draw - got to it quickly, + had a bit of beer before that) - in my notebook - didn't make it out... :-)))

Thank you for your silence... And I know for myself that ayran and tan have nothing to do with it...