How to minimise the size of the stop and thereby the loss - page 2

I think the problem with the stops is different. Try asking yourself the question: why are they triggered?

Svinozavr:
I think the problem with the stops is different. Try asking yourself the question: why are they triggered?
A stop is triggered when an entry is not made accurately. And minimising stops is closely related to the problem of determining the exact entry point.

khorosh:
Stops are triggered when the entry is not made accurately. And the minimization of stops is closely related to the problem of determining the exact entry point.

Yes. Without in any way diminishing the importance of the stops, the point is still the inputs.

And stops... That is why we often hear: stops only interfere, and generally cowardice.

Elementary analysis of volatility shows that the stop should equal, well, a maximum of 10% of profit per month. And even that is a lot.

Then it is a stop. Otherwise, you've had a drink, you've had a snack. And thank God. That's a pass. Or not.

khorosh:
1. Стоп срабатывает, когда вход сделан не точно.

2. And the minimisation of stops is closely related to the problem of entry point accuracy.

1. Completely agree, except for accurate entry for this TS, but the stop is too narrow for it .

2. ... namely (in particular) when the market does not go completely in the direction of the position in the market (although about 70% or more of this TS goes in the direction of profit) + Force majeure....

Svinozavr:

Elementary analysis of volatility shows that a stop should correspond to, well, a maximum of 10% of profit per month. And that is a lot.

Then he is a stop. Otherwise - we drank and ate. And thank God. Good luck. Or not.

I don't get it, but I support the drink and snack thing!

paukas:
I don't get it, but I support the drink and snack thing!

the stop should bring in 10% profit per month! (or there is nothing to feed him then)

Tantrik:

the stop should generate 10% profit per month! (or then there is nothing to feed it).
I see, stops make profits and profits become takeaways. Just one server failure, and how things have changed :))

khorosh:
Stops are triggered when you do not enter accurately. And stop minimisation is closely related to the problem of determining the exact entry point.

When a stop is triggered because of an inaccurate entry - this is its direct purpose and a faulty analysis.

Stops are also often triggered when they are set too close - again, an inept calculation.

Is it a stop minimization or a stop maximization? Which is more profitable or loss-making?

The dilemma...

Very funny...

Turning on your head: 10% is the rate of return with an adequate MM. Isn't that what you have? No? Fine, then.

I don't know about you, my stops never work - far away...

Svinozavr:

10% is the rate of return with an adequate MM.

I take it - the aggregate of stops (10%) is about the maximum drawdown on closed positions?