Is any prediction doomed? - page 4

DC2008:

Once you make a prediction, do not rush to open a position, or better yet, open a position against yourself with the smallest lot, and then when you start to doubt your prediction, open with it!

Well done! I respect you! I do not know who else could have thought of it!

FAGOTT:
nice guy! respect! I don't know who else could have come up with that
I
generally think you should trade strictly backwards for a long time, rather than crying that the price is going against you all the time!

denis_orlov: I generally think that you should trade strictly backwards for a long time, rather than crying that the price keeps going against you!
Whatever. The price will go against you anyway...

Conspiracy! Freemasons...

Mathemat:
Whatever. The price will go against you anyway...

Then plan B: launch a robot that trades against itself!

quiver, Freemasons!!!

... 60% ... 100% ... "impossible" ... "doomed" ... 50% ...

This "scattering of opinions" is a consequence of different understanding of the term "prediction" by the discussion participants. And, accordingly, different approaches in the construction of their TS.

What exactly, and how, should be understood by the question posed in the title of the topic "Any prediction is doomed?"

After all, predicting a point, or a direction, or an area, or if an area, then a boundary, are different tasks and are not reducible to one another.

So, it is necessary to clarify what we are talking about first.

avtomat:

This "scattering of opinions" is a consequence of different understanding of the term "prediction" by the discussion participants. And, accordingly, different approaches in the construction of their TS.

What exactly, and how, should one understand the question posed in the title of the topic "Any prediction is doomed?"

After all, predicting a point, or a direction, or an area, or if an area, then a boundary, are different tasks and are not reducible to one another.

So, we need to clarify what we are talking about.

Why? If there is even one predictable profitable TS, then it is not doomed.

Otherwise, we are about to start a 120-page conversation on "What is 'prediction'?

Mathemat:
But it does not matter. Anyway, the price will go against you...

I agree with the clarification - at some points 100%.

I am sick and tired of arguments about possibility or impossibility of forecasting price behaviour....

If someone is able to make forecasts - they will profit.

Who does not succeed - it is impossible to forecast.

That's where you really don't care.

sergeyas:

I agree with the clarification - at some points 100%.

I am sick and tired of arguments about possibility or impossibility of forecasting price behaviour....

If someone is able to make forecasts - they will profit.

Who does not succeed - it is impossible to forecast.

I do not care about that.

I like this forum because i can see who has this skill and who is profitable.

:)

avtomat:

What exactly, and how, should one understand the question posed in the title of the topic "Any prediction is doomed?"

So, it is necessary to clarify what we are talking about first.

Forecasting based on what? - ok let it be TA, TA based on what (here is a new branch correction 99% works) Elliott? (no) the more TA-methods in the forecast the more often it will come true (force majeure is not included in statistics). Practice - constant practice increases the quality of predictions.