Is any prediction doomed? - page 2

FAGOTT:

Not all predictive TSs work with a trajectory.

There is, for example. A TS which predicts a point on the price chart which the price will pass during the next day with a certain probability.

Such algorithms work perfectly, but the accuracy is the same ~50%

Debugger:

Such algorithms work perfectly, but the accuracy is the same ~50%

Where did you get that from? I used a simpler interval rather than probabilistic price estimate and my TS was 100% accurate for several months.

And this man's accuracy was even higher.

Accuracy cannot be higher than 100%.
and 100% accuracy cannot be achieved in principle.

forecasting is too much, guessing - yes, based on identified trends, i.e. again assuming identified trends...

and what allows you to draw the future price trajectory with such precision?

It's practically a price chart, maybe not in our universe, but in some parallel universe it will happen that way for sure! You just need to choose your universe :)

Probability density estimation can be used as a threshold element for opening an order, but using NS of this type on its own gives very large errors.

denis_orlov:

forecasting is too much, guessing - yes, based on identified trends, i.e. again assuming identified trends...

and what allows you to draw the future price trajectory with such precision?

It's practically a price chart, maybe not in our universe, but in some parallel universe it will happen that way for sure! You just need to choose your universe :)

I don't mind any name, if you like continuation, extrapolation, you can call it a jackass, as long as everyone understands the meaning and purpose of the term.

Debugger:
Accuracy cannot be higher than 100%.
and 100% accuracy cannot be achieved in principle.

Above - his period lasted longer than mine.

And why can't it be 100%? If TS gives signals to open a position during the period and all these positions are closed with profit - is it not 100%?

Debugger:
I don't mind any name, if you like continuation, extrapolation, you can call it anything, as long as everyone understands the meaning and purpose of the term.

the point is not the name!...

the question is still valid: what allows you to draw the future price trajectory with such precision?

the trend can at best suggest possible levels: support, resistance, targets...

but how do you draw the trajectory?

Debugger:
Probability density estimation can be used as a threshold element for opening an order, but using NS of this type on its own gives very large errors.

I don't know where you get these large errors from. It all depends on the TS

FAGOTT:

I don't know where you get these big mistakes from. It all depends on the TS.

I am not questioning your achievements or the 100% results of the TS.
If someone has it and I don't, it means I'm not that smart yet. That's all.