Copywriting in the advisor - page 2

granit77:
Let me clarify one point. Agreements can be different, but in this particular case, the client published the code in his own name, removing the copyright himself. It's good that the misunderstanding has been resolved, as the transfer of authorship (rather than rights to the product) is a special, rather rare case.

Right - the copyright assignment to the programmer, who gets the payment for the product, is a fairly rare case. The copyright usually belongs to author-customer, because the TOR comes from the author. How the programmer can claim the copyright it is not clear, because it is prohibited to deviate from TOR according to the rules. On the other hand, his name and coordinates can be present in code, but without any claim of copyright and other rights.

The programmer's claim is similar to the fact that if the inventor paid the patent attorney to file and execute a patent on his idea, the patent attorney could, by that logic, claim ownership of the patent, which is obviously not the case.

The rights for the idea/TOR/TC belong to the client, for the execution/programming to the programmer, two different things... any student can understand that

seolink74:

You'd better do something about improving this - PivotStrategy v2_4new.mq4 - owl... :-Р

Otherwise, copyright, not copyright... :-R - "So, there was a daisy wheel, you know: believe it or not..." :-R

rustein:
The rights for the idea/TOR/TC belong to the client, for the execution/programming to the programmer, two different things... any student can understand that
the rights of execution is something new... but apparently only students understand it.

You can find it on the internet... The same TS/TC can be programmed in different ways, this is the programmer's rights.

So you are saying that hired programmers working in firms have rights to the code they write?

Andrei01:
So you are saying that hired programmers working in firms have rights to the code they write?
Yes, if the programmer does not waive/sell his/her rightsin the contract

Andrei01:
The hired programmer, John Sawhoe, wrote Peter Norton's "Norton Commander" program to his specifications, which was jargonally referred to as "Norton". Nevertheless, the developer's name remains on the program, although he has no rights to "Norton". He is also mentioned in all publications specifically as the developer.

I won't argue any further, give me a programmer who has worked on a solid project and been "forgotten" about, I'll make good money on it

granit77:
A hired programmer, John Sawhoe, wrote Peter Norton's "Norton Commander" program to his TOR, which was jargonally referred to by everyone as "Norton". Nevertheless, the developer's name remains on the program, although he has no rights to "Norton". He is also mentioned in all publications specifically as the developer.

It was a question of copyright. And it was not mentioned at all because they were obliged to.