[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 346

first_may:

I see, but can you answer my question? How is the transaction amount calculated?
MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MARGINREQUIRED);

Reshetov:
MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MARGINREQUIRED);

MODE_MARGINREQUIRED - Size of available funds needed to open 1 lot to buy

This is good, but I have a trade volume of 0.5, the EURUSD exchange rate is 1.3514. What is the amount?

For example, in equities it's simple 10 (volume) * 200 (price of a GP share for example) = 2000 p. How about this?

first_may:

MODE_MARGINREQUIRED - Amount of free funds needed to open 1 lot to buy

This is good, but I have a trade volume of 0.5 and the EURUSD exchange rate is 1.3514. What is the amount?

And now it's hard to guess three times, how much margin is needed for 0.5 lot, if you know the margin for 1 lot?

first_may:

For example, in stocks, everything is simple 10 (volume) * 200 (share price need GP for example) = 2000 p. And how is it here?

Shares can also be traded on leverage.

Reshetov:
Now it's hard to guess three times how much you have to pay for 0.5 lots when you know how much you have to pay for 1?

To be honest, yes, it's hard to guess, that's why I asked the question in the first place :(.

Reshetov:

Now it's hard to guess three times how much margin you have to put down for 0.5 lots when you know the margin for 1 lot?

Shares can also be traded on margin.

I'm not talking about leverage now, I just wanted to know how to calculate the amount in rubles?

first_may:

To be honest, yes, it's hard to guess, which is why I asked the question in the first place :(.
I'll have to guess for myself. Otherwise we will only read books about forex and then ask everyone why they look in the book, but see a loss in the real world.

Reshetov:

Now it's hard to guess three times how much margin you have to put down for 0.5 lots when you know the margin for 1 lot?

Shares can also be traded on margin.

There is a volume of 0.5 and the EURUSD exchange rate is 1.3514. What is the amount in Rubles?

Reshetov:
We will have to guess for ourselves. Otherwise, all you have to do is read books about forex and then ask everyone why they look in the book and see a loss in the real world.

I see, I will not get an answer for a beginner, as it is written in the forum thread?

first_may:

There is a trade volume of 0.5, the EURUSD exchange rate is 1.3514. What is the amount in Rubles?

The question is incorrect, because the necessary data are missing, which cannot be otherwise solved by telepathic means.

And calling one function in the EA algorithm will collect all this data and give the right answer.

first_may:

I see, I will not get an answer for a beginner as it is written in the forum thread?
This is not a forum for telepaths.

Reshetov:

The question is incorrect because it lacks the necessary data, which is impossible to find out otherwise than telepathically.

And calling one function in the EA algorithm will collect all this data and give the correct answer.

Are you saying that volume and exchange rate data is not enough to get the amount in rubles?