[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 80

Dimka-novitsek:
Modifies, but not every order closed on profit, but the seventh, sixteenth, nineteenth, twenty-fourth, thirty-second-whenever it wants!!!

How did he modify anything at all????????? In the original absence of stops never respected
OrderStopLoss()-Ask > 15*Point

Oh, bye!

Thank you!

Dimka-novitsek:

How did he modify anything at all????????? In the original case of no stops, it is never respected

OrderStopLoss()-Ask > 15*Point

In the case of 'no stops' I put the following condition:

if (... && (OrderStopLoss() == 0 || OrderStopLoss()-Ask > 15*Point))

Dimka-novitsek:

Thanks!!!

You're welcome. Happy to be of help.

There are other examples of TrallingStop implementation on the site. Study them, find a "native" one.

Thank you!

MaxZ:

I don't know.

The peculiarities of trading on a real account.

I will have to insert into my Expert Advisor a code to handle requotes. It must have been a strong movement at that moment. May be there is something special about brokerage companies.

I have nothing else to say. I don't think I am a pro, but it's hard to pass by this thread. Let other people share their opinions. It will be interesting to read. It's a holiday today and the volatility in this forum is very low...

"MaxZ: I don't know - I hope some of the developers will answer this question.

I already understood that I should process requotes, especially when I could earn 30 pips :)

kott:

"MaxZ: I don't know" - I hope some of the developers will answer this question, no one should know this but them

I figured out that you need to process requotes, especially when you could earn 30 pips :)

Spread + Re-quotes... How much profit we are losing! :)))

MaxZ:
Spread+Requot... How much profit We are losing! :)))
I agree on spread - servers, channels and tech support have to be maintained and fed. I agree with slippage - I don't trade on the news and it is tolerable and built into the strategy. But not having an open position, especially one that was profitable, is a stab in the heart :(

kott:
I agree on the spread - servers, channels and tech support have to be maintained and fed. I agree with slippage - I don't trade on the news and it is tolerable and built into the strategy. But not opening position, especially profitable one, is a stab in the heart :(
And how do you know that the EA has not traded on the news?

MaxZ:
And how do you know that an EA has not traded on the news?

Well, first of all, I know my strategy and 99% of trades are not hit by news. Secondly, the major news schedule is known. I always mean just the main news. Of course, if the news is "hot off the press", it is as good as it gets. And I'm talking about the timing of the news.

Thirdly, I have enough time to follow the market and compare news and trading :)

kott:
I agree on the spread - servers, channels and tech support have to be maintained and fed. I agree with slippage - I don't trade on the news and it is tolerable and built into the strategy. But not opening position, especially profitable one, is a pain in the ass :(
Use the KimV function to open a position. It includes re-open requests during requotes. The number of attempts and the pause between them can be set in external variables.

khorosh:
Use the KimV function to open a position. It provides for repeated opening requests in case of requotes. The number of retries and the pause between them can be set in external variables.
Thanks for the tip! I will now look into it :)