Currency pair investment strategy - page 11

IgorM:

sorry, I feel like "questioning" the options earning witness - googling, reading, and am amazed that there is so much info on the forums this year about the profitability of options trading - it just doesn't happen that easily

BLACK_BOX - yes! You wrote what I suspected.

it's just that this year it's a "trendy" topic ;) but there have always been.

And very often what they pass off as options is not... In fact, the option is a betting instrument, and what they put out under the guise of fashionable "digital" options - are their personal options contracts. And you might as well do it :)))))))))))))))))

yosuf:
Look above, please explain the viciousness of this approach. What is it that YOU don't like to sell all the time?
Well, speculators don't like constantly selling, for example, the dollar against the yen, the loonie or the franc. You can remain inseparable friends with that short for the next 10 years with a fairly high probability, following your "policy".

xrust:

It's just a 'trendy' topic this year ;) but they've always been there.

And very often, what is being passed off as options is not... In fact, the option is a betting instrument, and what they put out under the guise of fashionable "digital" options - is their personal non stock option contracts. And you might as well do it :)))))))))))))))))

how do you know if a broker lets you trade "true options" ?

well again to your rejection: no need to predict movement, risks remain - where's the profit in options ?

IgorM:

well again to your rejection:no need to predict movement, risks remain - where is the profit in options ?

I didn't say highlighted - read my first post carefully. everything else is in the search

IgorM:

well again to your rejection: no need to predict movement, risks remain - where is the profit in options ?

how do you know if the broker allows you to trade "true options" ? - the answer is marked in red

BLACK_BOX:
Well, speculators don't like constantly selling, for example, the dollar against the yen, the loonie or the franc. You can remain inseparable friends with that short for the next 10 years with a fairly high probability, following your "policy".
Then buy them at the right time, without stopping to sell.

xrust:

It's just a 'trendy' topic this year ;) but they've always been there.

And very often, what is being passed off as options is not... In fact, the option is a betting instrument, and what they put out under the guise of fashionable "digital" options - are their personal options contracts. And you might as well do it :)))))))))))))))))

Options have probably increased in popularity because of the high market volatility of recent years, where their use (especially in structured products) has increased the effectiveness of strategies.

xrust:
I didn't say highlighted - read my first post carefully. everything else is in the search

Hmmm, definitely - thanks, but only for the interest shown, sorry, but searching gets me nowhere and I thought you were one of the authorities on this forum

thanks again

xrust:
If you want to make a profit no matter where the price goes, trade options.
Another illusion...

IgorM:

Hmmm, definitely - thanks, but only for the interest shown, sorry, but searching gets me nowhere, and I thought you were one of the authorities on this forum

thanks again

This conversation doesn't fit in this thread in any way, basically I'm flubbing :)