Market phenomena - page 32

joo:

"Genius!" (C).

By the way, it's not "Here is not there", but "Here is not there".

Why, paukas has a good point. Forcibly prohibit frequent changes of buy and sell to avoid false entries. After all the trends of a decent length change direction not too often.

Unless, of course, we are not pipsing.

khorosh:

Why, paukas has a good point. Forcibly prohibit frequent buy and sell changes to avoid false entries. After all, trends of a decent length do not change direction too often.

The red highlighted is a fork in the water, an empty sound/pook (whichever you prefer).

khorosh:

Why, paukas has a good point. Forcibly prohibit frequent buy and sell changes to avoid false entries. After all, trends of a decent length do not change direction too often.

Sometimes strong movements occur after prolonged long flops. If the strategy is a reversal strategy, then I think we can accept a false close, but catch a strong movement at the initial stage. The main thing is to take a higher period. But this is all just a guess.

paukas:
You don't need to switch frequently to avoid frequent shifting
yes, yes. :)))) not often!!! But not often - how often is that? And don't we miss the most important point because of the infrequency? ;)))

avtomat:
yes.yes. :)))) not often!!! But not often is how much? And don't we miss the most important point because of the infrequency? ;)))
There will be plenty of moments yet.

paukas:
There will be plenty of chances.
This does not solve the problem.

joo:
The highlighted in red is a fork in the water, an empty sound/pook (whichever way you like).
1 highlighted in red, of course, does not claim to be the absolute truth, it is only an assumption and making assumptions is not forbidden on this forum. As for the 2 highlighting, I'm not sure why you think it's wrong. After all, if a trend changes direction frequently, it is a short trend, and I meant a trend of decent length. The frequency of trend changes is inversely proportional to the trend duration. I meant trend length by time, not by price difference between the start and end of the trend.

avtomat:
That doesn't solve the problem.

Why not? The objective is to reduce drawdown by removing a bunch of unprofitable entries.

paukas:

Why not? The objective is to reduce drawdown by removing a bunch of unprofitable entries.

Yes, I didn't take into account that the objectives are different... ;)

khorosh:
As for the 2 allocation, I don't understand why you think it's wrong.
It's not that it's wrong. Correct, as correct as the expression "buy cheap, sell dear". It's not just the correctness that counts, it's the formalizability. There is no point in constructing clever philosophical near-market constructs if they (constructs) are like milk to a goat.