Market phenomena - page 3

Farnsworth:

P.S. Tell me the magic square doesn't work.

It works, it works. My square was showing the reversal on 30.06.2011, but it turned out that the price was just slowing down a little. The next reversal date was on 04.07.2011. The deal was opened on the first date, when I saw that it was not reversal, I wanted to close the position (on the pullback), but I thought that the price will not go very high until the fourth (taking into account the weekend), the position was left. Now it all looks like this

Sorry about the offtops.

S.S. I was not left indifferent to a thread about Gann, although I have not read Gann (and his followers) ))))

Farnsworth:

I hope everyone will find the thread useful, with new ideas and interesting discussions.

And why are you analysing and trying to extract process characteristics from an evenly sliced series? If pricing is a reflection of several processes, apparently they don't even realise that they are trying to finely chop and then histogram.

HideYourRichess:
And why are you analysing and trying to extract process characteristics from an evenly sliced series? If pricing is a reflection of several processes, apparently they don't even realise that they are trying to finely chop and then histogram.

Why wouldn't I do that? I haven't "sliced" or "finely chopped" anything. I introduced a classification on the quoting process (source) at which the phenomenon manifests itself and that's it. And each of the classes was not "histogrammed", all within the same process. Just showed that the old man is right and "fine structures" are very useful to study and they are often in front of the "nose", you just have to ....

Read carefully.

I am not good at maths, but I feel there is a catch here on the part of the author, but I can't prove it for the reason mentioned above. Can you explain in accessible terms why TA and IA do not and cannot work from your point of view?

to paukas

I think you and I have already argued a lot on this subject, let's take a break :o)

Well, then speak for yourself:

"my TA doesn't work", "my TA doesn't work", "or "I have no way to use TA" and no problem.

rensbit:
It works, it works. My square showed reversal on 30.06.2011, but it turned out that the price just slowed down a bit. The next reversal date was on 04.07.2011. The deal was opened on the first date, when I saw that it was not reversal, I wanted to close the position (on the pullback), but I thought that the price will not go very high until the fourth (taking into account the weekend), the position was left. Now it all looks like this

Everything we believe in works. We just don't need to lose faith. :о))) And no matter what it is TA, VA, squares, or even magic blots, they are the coolest...

Sorry about the offtops

no problem

Z.Z.I. I'm not indifferent to the thread about Gunn, though I haven't read Gunn (and his followers) ))))

Why read about him? :о) Everybody's writing these days, me included :o(, not many people read... (kind of a joke).

ZZZEROXXX:
I am not good at maths, but I feel there is a catch here on the part of the author, but I cannot prove it for the reason mentioned above. Can you explain in accessible terms why TA and IA do not and cannot work from your point of view?
The thread is not about that, it's about the phenomena as such. Just a matter of opinion. Much has been said about it in other "specialized" threads. The arguments have long since died down, there is no need to stir them up.

paukas:

Well, then speak for yourself:

"my TA doesn't work", "my TA doesn't work", "or "I have no way of using TA" and no problem.

It doesn't work. You are excellent proof of that :o). We have stuck to our opinions, without hurting each other in any way. So I suggest we not stir up any old debates. This thread is really not about that. It just "popped out" making pseudoscientific conclusions :o). I won't traumatize your psyche any more, as you are reacting nervously.

Farnsworth:
It doesn't work. You are excellent proof of that :o). We have stuck to our opinions, without hurting each other in any way. So I suggest we not stir up any old debates. This thread is really not about that. It just "popped out" making pseudoscientific conclusions :o). I won't traumatize your psyche any more, because you're reacting nervously.
Are there any probabilities? How do you say the odds are in one direction (e.g. the trend)?

Farnsworth:

Why wouldn't I? I didn't "slice" or "finely chop" anything. I introduced a classification on the quoting process (source) at which the phenomenon manifests itself and that's it. And each of the classes was not "histogrammed", all within the same process. Just showed that the old man is right and "fine structures" are very useful to study and they are often in front of the "nose", you just have to ....

Read carefully.

The increments on the M15 are the shredding of the process. When the crowd on stocks, or let's say the big banks on currencies, trigger a frantic buying or selling process - why would you not want to see that process as a whole.

In short, I think this is a (widespread) phenomenon of not applying mathematical methods correctly to market processes.